There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Ok, for a bank, but generally not a good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Company is secure Layoffs are very infrequent (extremely rare even from 2007-2010) Promotes community involvement

Cons

Smart & motivated people are not rewarded, so they move on, leaving only employees who do are unintelligent and do poor jobs. Management is compensated well, but if you're not management, you're compensation is horrible. Never received over a 2% raise. Usually was either 1% or 1.5%, even in booming years. Company standard is a 2% raise. Bonuses are ok, but overall they don't keep up with cost of living adjustments at all. Unless you are at the HQ location, there is no opportunity for advancement. Benefits are nearly a joke. Usually have a 5-7% increase in cost annually, with a 55 reduction in benefits.

Advice to Management

Get a real compensation package! At least keep up with the cost of living. Don't concentrate on paying managers so well, while keeping everyone else so low. Benefit programs need to be improved. Show some loyalty to your employees, and see how loyal they become towards your company. Keep up the standard practices, and you'll continue to decline.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Repetitive and pressured to sell.

Current Employee - U S Bank Teller I
    Current Employee - U S Bank Teller I

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

A very great environment considering the friendliness of coworkers and consistent complements and worker appreciation stuff. Benefits are by far the best I've seen from the few companies I've worked for. Paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401k option after a year, health, dental, vision, life...simply the full works. Advancement within the company is very possible. Within a couple of months some opportunities presented themselves to me and many people in management position explained their way up the ladder. And there are cash incentives for booking credit cards, meeting referral goals, and high KVS ratings (customer service). Also provided good training where you never feel alone or the feeling you can't receive help.

Cons

Very repetitive. Can't stress how redundant it gets to stand in one spot all day making deposits, withdraws and payments. In addition to that, especially in my branch, a vast majority of customers come up unprepared meaning you need to find their account numbers, fill out their slips, etc. which becomes very annoying really quickly. There is also massive pressure to sell, sell, sell. Even though we rather not give people products that'll benefit them (a good thing for the customer), we are still expected to meet certain numbers. And in some branches, we only so many customers that come through, so the number of people we could try to sell to are limited. We often get negative feedback about how we're always trying to sell them something. Then we we do perform at a high level, our goals are increased for the next period making it even that much more difficult. Recently there is a big push for customer service where a ton of time and effort is being used. If we dont get a perfect score on a survey call, its a complete failure and dont receive any points. In addition, many of our cash incentives are based on our customer service ratings.

Advice to Management

Put less pressure to sell on tellers. Customers who consistently get bombarded with selling pitches actually report negative customer service.

2. Great

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Pretty good pay since i don't have a degree in the field. Great benefits.

Cons

I take peoples houses away :(

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work :)