There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Not the best industry for me

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Universal Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

My co-workers were nice sometimes, but that's just about it.

Cons

pressure to sell, no advancement/educational opportunities, hardly any support or help from management or co-workers when work pile starts to get high (or when customer tempers are on the edge).

In my personal opinion, my knowledge and insight of the banking industry is different, compared to my first work day. If you are content with selling financial products to customers, then you'll be ok within the banking industry. If you are a recent graduate, like myself, who had envisioned working with the community to change the face and reputation of the financial industry, or found out that the regulations and practices for the industry are not as effective in a customer's daily transactions, then this industry won't be for you (matter of fact, this is a position where you will work hard and you may not get all of the recognition that you deserve, from both management and customers). There will be no advancement or support to get any of the financial licenses (at least, not for a long while, unless you're prepared to work to the bone for more than a year and wait to become nominated by your district manager).

listen to your subordinate's concerns and ideas. Positive encouragement would also brighten a worker's day in a high-pressure environment. I would also like to make a note to management that not a whole lot of people will be willing or will be qualified to obtain a loan or credit card; we work hard on these applications, and that does not mean we did not do enough for our book of businesses.

reviews filtered by
  1. Little fish in a big pond

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

The work life balance is excellent with this company. The company has taken the time to create a position that helps others move up within the organization.

Cons

Benefits are costly and do not cover much, company is very conservative on pay scale and below the industry standard. Limited room for promotions once in management.

Look into benefits packages and what employees pay for and recieve. In todays medical cost environment it is important to be able to provide for your employees.

2. Competence of Managers is questionable

Current Employee - Universal Banker in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Depending on the branch it can allow you to have flexible hours, easy flow of customers, good products.

Cons

Demanding, Managers uneducated and incompetent, they fail to respond to your creative ideas to bring more traffic in, they resort to the same routines which have failed time and time again and get mad when you don't reach your sales goals using their failed strategies.

Try to listen to your employees, be more open-minded and maybe that way you will have opportunities to gain more customers.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank