U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,325 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Not the best industry for me

Universal Banker (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsMy co-workers were nice sometimes, but that's just about it.

Conspressure to sell, no advancement/educational opportunities, hardly any support or help from management or co-workers when work pile starts to get high (or when customer tempers are on the edge).

In my personal opinion, my knowledge and insight of the banking industry is different, compared to my first work day. If you are content with selling financial products to customers, then you'll be ok within the banking industry. If you are a recent graduate, like myself, who had envisioned working with the community to change the face and reputation of the financial industry, or found out that the regulations and practices for the industry are not as effective in a customer's daily transactions, then this industry won't be for you (matter of fact, this is a position where you will work hard and you may not get all of the recognition that you deserve, from both management and customers). There will be no advancement or support to get any of the financial licenses (at least, not for a long while, unless you're prepared to work to the bone for more than a year and wait to become nominated by your district manager).

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your subordinate's concerns and ideas. Positive encouragement would also brighten a worker's day in a high-pressure environment. I would also like to make a note to management that not a whole lot of people will be willing or will be qualified to obtain a loan or credit card; we work hard on these applications, and that does not mean we did not do enough for our book of businesses.

A place of tremendous growth and opportunity

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros: Abundance of personal and professional development programs, leadership commitment to continually improving… Cons: Pay and benefits are unremarkable, technology is lagging, as with any… Advice to Senior Management: We're moving in a great direction, and the employee survey is one of the most powerful… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good.

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros: Pay, benefits, time off, staff, management. Cons: Tough management style. Don't expect a lot. Advice to Senior Management: None really. Decent place to work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.