U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,323 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

US Bank is no shooting 5 stars

In-Store Banker (Current Employee)
Dubuque, IA

ProsGreat benefits and opportunities to move within the company. Most employees are great to work with and have a willingness to learn the banking industry and help customers. US Bank does have a great training program for incoming employees not yet accustomed to the banking world or that are fresh out of college. There are plenty of opportunities to move within the company so if you are completely unhappy with your current position you have the opportunity to move. Not only positions but other branches. I started out at a branch and became very unhappy with my immediate management and moved to a similar position at another branch.

ConsVery poor hourly pay and sales bonuses are on a points system. Don't expect to make it big with US Bank or pile up the savings account working here. This bank pays so crappy it creates a terrible turnover rate for employees that are willing to learn then move on to a similar position with a competing bank for better pay. That creates an atmosphere with a lot of talent, unfortunately most employees at US Bank are far from seasoned. Most customers are going to need to speak with a manager if they want to talk with an employee with some history. US Bank has incredible amounts of fees for everything and it only seems to be getting worse. Before moving locations it almost got to the point where I was getting so accustomed to the customer complaints I had automatic responses.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee compensation and employees may put forth effort. You can't expect other banks in the same market to pay nearly $2 more per hour per position and have employees feel they are being treated well.

Horrible Corporate Culture

Universal Banker (Former Employee)
    Boise, ID

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros: Benefits in this country you are obligated to work for… Cons: Corporate culture overly consumed with sales pushing clients into products they did not need or understood. Competition between sales associates as we were not bankers… Advice to Senior Management: Compensation structure not conclusive to mainataining high levels of customer service. Team… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not for someone who is serious about career

Collector (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros: salary is the only reason people work there. You need not upgrade your skills as long as you work there. If you are pursuing a… Cons: No room for learning. Managers treat employees like dirt. Listen to employees when you do reviews. Don't do reviews like it is your job and… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees when you do reviews. Don't do reviews like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.