US Bank is no shooting 5 stars

Current Employee - In-Store Banker in Dubuque, IA
Current Employee - In-Store Banker in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to move within the company. Most employees are great to work with and have a willingness to learn the banking industry and help customers. US Bank does have a great training program for incoming employees not yet accustomed to the banking world or that are fresh out of college. There are plenty of opportunities to move within the company so if you are completely unhappy with your current position you have the opportunity to move. Not only positions but other branches. I started out at a branch and became very unhappy with my immediate management and moved to a similar position at another branch.

Cons

Very poor hourly pay and sales bonuses are on a points system. Don't expect to make it big with US Bank or pile up the savings account working here. This bank pays so crappy it creates a terrible turnover rate for employees that are willing to learn then move on to a similar position with a competing bank for better pay. That creates an atmosphere with a lot of talent, unfortunately most employees at US Bank are far from seasoned. Most customers are going to need to speak with a manager if they want to talk with an employee with some history. US Bank has incredible amounts of fees for everything and it only seems to be getting worse. Before moving locations it almost got to the point where I was getting so accustomed to the customer complaints I had automatic responses.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee compensation and employees may put forth effort. You can't expect other banks in the same market to pay nearly $2 more per hour per position and have employees feel they are being treated well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great bank to work for.

Former Employee - Cash Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Cash Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

5 weeks of vacation, central location, great people to work for.

Cons

pay was pretty average, and raises were based departments, not as much on individual performance

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

Horrible Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Universal Banker in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Universal Banker in Boise, ID

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Benefits in this country you are obligated to work for a company you dispise to obtain needed health insurance.

Cons

Corporate culture overly consumed with sales pushing clients into products they did not need or understood. Competition between sales associates as we were not bankers we were product pushers everyone for themselves as bonus compensation determined by how many "points" had been earned at the expense of customer service. Stretch goals unrealistic fostered product slamming and deceitful practices.

Advice to Management

Compensation structure not conclusive to mainataining high levels of customer service. Team members obtain increased levels of compensation at the expense of the client.