U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Strong bank in current environment

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Large percent of revenue from fees and not interest income, this helps keep us a float during credit crisis

Cons

Too many systems that performt the same functions for different areas of bank

Continue to develop and maintain career advancment training / opportunities

1673 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

US Bank; a conservative company without the ability to move forward.

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Best reason is due to conservative financial position and therefore secure job. Company would rather limit raises than fire employees. This is only beneficial if you enjoy status quo and prefer an environment where people don't challenge the norm or themselves to solve problems. The other positive is the current CEO has been a strong leader throughout the tough financial turmoil and managed to preserve cash rather than purchase any dysfunctional financial institute. I would not recommend working for US Bank unless you don't want control over your own success or the ability to work hard and actually see progress.

Cons

US Bank is a very conservative company which promotes based on tenure rather than prodcution. Usually companies are successful because people take ownership together and work hard to see the company succeed. US Bank is like any other exceedingly large bank with far too much beauracratic red tape. Nobody has the ability to make significant progress so therefore nobody does. Even if people try there are most likely people who are uncomfortable with the changes and therefore push back. The whole idea of a meritocracy is lost. Its not a bad place to work for a period of time, but I think if you stayed for a long time you would either succumb to the environment of carelessness or quit.

I would tell Senior Management to put into place better ways to gauge performance from their subordinates.

USBank, under the leadership of Richard Davis, will emerge from the current financial crisis better and stronger.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

1. Leadership of our new CEO, Richard Davis
    2. By being more conservative, USBank avoided risky schemes and are in the best financial condition of any large bank in the US.
    3. Diversification of business beyond retail banking. Payment Services, for example, is a great contributor to company revenue, profitability, and growth.

Cons

1. Culture varies from group to group.
    2. Even during good times, if you need office supplies, you often have to buy your own.

We appreciate the energetic leadership, enthusiasm, fairness, and common sense that Richard Davis brings to the CEO role. Wish more managers would follow his positive example.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank