There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Good Place to Work but work culture needs revamping.

Current Employee - Contact Center Personal Banker With Selling  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Contact Center Personal Banker With Selling in Portland, OR

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits, and steady employment.

Cons

Weak salary structure for employees.

Too much emphasis on pushing banking problems over problem-solving customer financial problems.

1449 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Adjustor

Current Employee - Adjuster  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Adjuster in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay..and 401k...depending on your manager there will a ton of micromanager...

Cons

Limited oppourtunity...and get ready to nagvigate thru the banking dusk storm...

When cutting workforce...make sure you are not just tripping over quarters to pick up pennies.

High expectation, low training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay. I started out 10.10 an hour. If you work the last shift, you get a 10% increase making it 11.11 an hour.
    Great coworkers. I seriously worked with amazing people.
    Most Fridays they cook lunch and you just pay a couple of dollars for a plate of food and a drink.
    The assistant managers were awesome to talk to.

Cons

Answering terrible customer's phone calls about their mortgage. I had an elderly woman scream obscenities at me because I had to put her on hold in order to call another department about her inquiry.
    People think they can say anything to you over the phone. Anything.
    I had very little training for all the things you need to know about in order to do your job. If you had trouble with a call, you could call the assist queue which consists of other senior reps that answer your questions. Most of them are nice but some make you feel like an idiot for asking a question. The entire month I was on the phone by myself, I had to call the assist queue with every call. Every.single.call. Angry customers do NOT want to be put on hold like that. Especially when they have several questions and it had to keep happening.
    Management aren't happy being there anymore than the reps are. They are kind of oblivious too.

More training for new reps. It's hard enough to remember everything that was done in the few days of training but then when not everything is gone over...it makes for a very nervous and stressed new rep.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!