U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,321 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

It's a bank job...expectations should be met accordingly

Teller (Former Employee)
Vancouver, WA

ProsGreat coworkers, managers who seem to really care about your success and wellbeing, paid holidays and never have to work late night hours. There's plenty of room for career growth if you like the work, and working in a banking environment allows for a better understanding of personal finance.

ConsIt's a sales job through and through. Customer assistance is expected and required (as it should be), but the most "successful" tellers are the ones who convince the most customers to get loans by talking to a banker. There's nothing wrong with this--banks have to make money, but retail banks located in less-frugal areas are at a significant advantage, as US Bank is very picky as to who they loan money to. Standing in a teller window for an entire workday can get extremely boring. Customers who don't know how to handle their own money can get very angry, sometimes even borderline violent. Robberies are more frequent than one would expect, and can be pretty scary.

Advice to Senior ManagementTone down the "sales" aspect of the teller job, and let them focus their energy on assisting customers with everyday transactions.

US Bank is a great place to start your career

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great management team, cannot ask for more. Cons: Techonology could be better to put employees further ahead. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

So far, so GOOD!!

Floater Teller (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: benefits arent too expensive and we get kaiser as an option, pay is well (twelve an… Cons: some of the technology is older than what ive seen… Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work in bringing a sense of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.