There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

The good and the bad

Current Employee - In-Store Banker
Current Employee - In-Store Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a strong company with many perks. US bank does amazing training, coaching, and listens to the employees. They are always trying to improve and be better. The customers are wonderful, and it can be a fun job with fun campaigns. The district management and ops specialists are also very pleasant and helpful and believe strongly in teamwork. Its a fun job with lots of opportunities to be promoted, etc,.

Cons

In my particular branch, the nicest way to put it is my managers are tyrants. Before I started they had a very high turnover and lost over 4 employees in 6 months. Im new to banking, and my manager is very unhelpful. She personally belittles employees, huffs and puffs when you need an approval or assistance, she tries to pry into our personal business, and she gets overly upset when sales goals arent met and throws around the fact we take her bonuses away. The bank can be very busy in the in-store enviornment. It becomes overwhelming doing teller transactions, offering products and doing the loans. It is the ultimate multi-tasking job, and its particularly harder for me because the management sits at their desk all day and doesnt want to help you or the customers. From what i've heard in other instore branches, the management style is similar and you are expected to sell sell sell and be nothing short of a slave. I also feel operations are constantly changing and it feels hard to keep up with, since the smallest of mistakes can get you fired. Its also a bank open 7 days a week and open til 7 PM during the week.

I understand fully how the bank makes money, through loans, credit cards, etc,. But I feel its inappropriate to relate sales with punishment when you are still trying. It cant be helped when someone has bad credit, and most of our clientelle doesnt need a car/home loan nearly everyday. Be kinder and more helpful to the bankers and customers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful place to work at

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work at

Cons

can;t think of anything bad

they are awesome

2. Supportive, challenging with many opportunities to develop and advance

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Supportive co-workers and managers
    -Good benefits
    -Excellent company values

Cons

-Somewhat longer commute
    -Generally fairly busy branch

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank