U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,319 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Great Company Overall!

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

ProsAwesome! Employees to work with locally, nationally and internationally, i.e. Elavon, Other..
Great Benefits! Caring Management! Warm Culture!
Great Mentoring Program! Veteran Friendly!
Work Hard, Provide well thought out ideas for money making/saving and you will go far.

ConsNo one moves jobs in various departments thus jobs are static - very few openings for Midlevel - High level positions. Difficult to transition from one career field to another if no supervisor or management experience.
If applying for a position - read, re-read, re-read again the job description - Apply only f you meet 90% of the requirements.
When applying be honest and include those hard and soft skills from the job description that you can do effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, the economy is tough right now. You can choose the best of the best. Please Do not wait four to 5 weeks to reply to a request for an interview or employment. Well qualified candidates will have moved on.

Horrible Company to work for!

International Banking Operations (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The only pro working for this company is the extra… Cons: Technology is at least 20 years behind. Employees are treated more like slaves and expected to work overtime with little or no warning. … Advice to Senior Management: Cut back on all the middle management and focus more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rude awakening and disappointing. Real eye opener to the lack of ethics of office management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: After the thrill of getting the job wears off you are quickly left deflated. "It's a job", is the best feeling you… Cons: Extremely high turnover due to horrible management. Most employees have a take it or leave it attitude and do not take their job seriously. This… Advice to Senior Management: You know very well how bad some of the management staff is...do something about it. There is no true leadership here.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.