U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,176 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Great Experience but not a Career

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time

ProsUS Bank provides a stable pay check and an ok benefits package. As a recent college grad I was given the opportunity to learn and grow in the financial world.

ConsThe training was lack luster and I was throne into a position with little idea of what was truly expected of me and left to figure it out on my own. As time progressed the "rough patch" my office was going through with turnover seemed to be more of a consistent battle across the whole district and not just one office. You will work like crazy and they expect you as a manager on salary to pick up all the slack no matter how short you are. They are a 100% number driven company with little concern for the people behind the numbers. The bonus opportunity is quite limited and you must meet criteria in many categories before earning bonus. The only real bonus to be made is for those that are producing int he top 10% of the company which can be highly dependent on the location of your office.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the pay and bonus scale to be more competitive. Staff your offices properly and take your eyes off the number long enough to think about the people producing those numbers n the ground level. A little bit of positive reinforcement goes a long way.

Solid company, but they're cheap.

Teller (Current Employee)
Lawrence, KS

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros: Big corporation that offers good job security. Paid time off is also… Cons: Low pay compared to other jobs in the same industry. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

you are not a banker, you are a salesperson

In-Store Banker (Former Employee)
Riverside, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: stable company, they aren't going any where room for growth (if… Cons: too much politics I was an in-store banker so we where there… Advice to Senior Management: stop with the politics at the branch and district level. upper level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.