There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

People in the in-store are great, everybody else we're difficult to work for and with.

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Syracuse, UT
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Syracuse, UT

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People I worked with were really supportive and very helpful in training new hires. The expectations/ quotas weren't difficult to meet.

Cons

Very high credit requirements for any of the products. It's very difficult to get anyone qualified for any type of loan, credit card or mortgage. You push alot of products to customers that they really don't need. There is alot of talking and not alot of doing.

Clean house in the Northern Utah mortgage department. The one's I came in contact with were unprofessional, rude and really didn't care to work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Tellers

Current Employee - Teller in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Spokane, WA

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good starter position. Fun place to work

Cons

Too much turnover. Managment needs to communicate more.

An okay place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the customers really make coming to work worth while.

Cons

Constantly changing pricing on customers, employees will cut corners to make sales and then leave and customers come back to complain, pay is way below most other banks, almost embarrassing how low the pay is, it's a "good ole boy's club", if you get black-listed forget about moving into another position, changed bonus structure year to year, customers can be extremely rude and disrespectful and your expected to just take it, branch manager have little training on how to deal with employee issues and most of the time ignore them, getting sales is the #1 priority beyond really helping customers and doing what is right. I could be expected to work 6:45am to 6:30pm every day with no compensation or other time off. Work-life balance really doesn't exist, my employees would call me all hours of the day and night and even on days off when the branch manager didn't know how to help. People are put in management roles who don't understand how the entire branch works.

Add training, really get the HR departments involved with the branches or different divisions to grow the right people and to understand what is actually happening in the branches.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank