U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com

Deliver at all costs

Co-Manager (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe pros vary upon what it is that you seek from an employer. If you like someone else giving you objectives and rewarding you for reaching them, this employer (just like many other corporate structures) offers an environment for such. This could be considered an ideal corporate banking position if you really are looking for "stability" as far as corporate banks are concerned.

ConsJust like many corporate or publicly traded companies, the structure is highly geared toward quarterly performance. Therefore, you are obligated to make an effort to reach your objectives. Unfortunately, the bar will be raised each year or quarter along with any incentive plans meaning you could potentially face a crossroad where the interest of the customer could be squandered because of the pressure to meet your quarterly thresholds.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe cautious of what you share with not only your team, but other members of management. Everybody has their own reasons for working at a corporate bank. It is important to respect those members who wholeheartedly believe in the company and it is more important to decipher them from those who have other motives. It is important that you can comfortably surround yourself with people who best complement your work ethic so when the pressure is really on, you have a team or friend to support you.

Be prepared to sell

In Store Co-Manager (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This is a publicly traded corporation which means you can have great job security if you excel at… Cons: There would be conference calls stating we needed to sell "10 credit cards in one day". How is that in the best interest of the… Advice to Senior Management: Choose your team wisely. Everybody has their own agenda for working at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Licensed Universal Banker

Licensed Universal Banker (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: Highly dependent upon the branch you are in but I enjoyed a great amount of autonomy.… Cons: Little chance of promotion within some smaller markets; old technology… Advice to Senior Management: Stop doing Western Union transaction...actual bank clients don't like having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!