U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,176 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Be prepared to sell

In Store Co-manager (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a publicly traded corporation which means you can have great job security if you excel at sales however this also compromises the best interest of your customer as the sales quotas become almost unobtainable.

ConsThere would be conference calls stating we needed to sell "10 credit cards in one day". How is that in the best interest of the customer? How does that make an employee feel when he/she does not reach that unrealistic goal? You have to definitely have a stomach for sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your team wisely. Everybody has their own agenda for working at a corporate bank and very few have authentic reasons to be there.

Licensed Universal Banker

Licensed Universal Banker (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: Highly dependent upon the branch you are in but I enjoyed a great amount of autonomy.… Cons: Little chance of promotion within some smaller markets; old technology… Advice to Senior Management: Stop doing Western Union transaction...actual bank clients don't like having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unqualified management. Pass the buck management.

Collections (Former Employee)
Olivette, MO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Friendly co-workers. Convenient location and work hours. Some… Cons: Micro,micro-managed..no common sense...makes rules up as they go...no teamwork. Management does not respect employees. Constant… Advice to Senior Management: Employ management who have a clue. Employ management who have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.