I would not recommend a career at USBank

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fargo, ND
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers are great, working environment is friendly and casual. Time-off is granted easily and vacation is easy to obtain.

Cons

HORRIBLE pay and benefits. I have worked at USbank for several years and my pay does not increase in any measurable way (it only decreases as premiums for insurance increase). The health insurance is absolutely terrible. I have tried several different ways to make the insurance work for my family, but we always end up with massive amounts of medical debt for going to the doctor for normal things. There is absolutely no accountability for management. Anytime they want to change something (to benefit themselves) they do it without regard for employees. I detest Usbank and would never recommend them to anyone.

Provide better health insurance for your employees. Provide incentives for employees to move up or improve. Consider your employees and their families when making decisions. Be fair. Your employees will work up to the level you are compensating them for. The better you treat them, the better they will perform.

Other Reviews for U.S. Bank

Caring company

Current Employee - Teller  in  Sumner, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Sumner, WA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cares a lot about their employees, development, learning & career plans are great, hire the right people, good health insurance, VERY secure financial institution, senior management is strong, networking events are fun & informative. Customers love the relationship driven customer service we provide. Company pays portion of college tuition.

Cons

Poor work-life balance, technology slow to develop, terrible incentive & bonus plans, hard to take time off, takes a while to get promoted (especially as internal applicant), overtime is a huge no-no, too many conference calls in in-store locations, hard to reach high scores on the annual reviews.

Need to improve incentive & bonus packages to compete with competitors, get with the technology movement!

Too many chiefs.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company matches your 401K contribution up to 4%. They allow you to purchase an extra week of vacation.

Cons

They don't pay their hourly employees for all employee meetings that are highly recommended and even effect your yearly review.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!