There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Care about their workers and customers

Current Employee - Personal Banker II
Current Employee - Personal Banker II

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture for US Bank is great! They encourage you to succeed and will help you to get there.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than industry standards. In store locations can be a bit grueling. Sometimes you feel you are product pushing and that gets old.

Advice to Management

Instores should have at least 5 employees, you get burnt easily. The key driver scores should be changed. Just because you get one 4 does not mean your score should be a zero.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company, Poor District Leadership

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great company and benefits as a part time. Learned a lot about banking. Room for growth within. Have been flexible with school schedule.

Cons

Management sets unrealistic goals for staff so THEY get the pat on the back, and we just get yelled at. Customer service goals are good but their way about evaluation makes little sense and their is little recognition. Talk about getting written up when sales goals not met.

Advice to Management

Care about your teller and bankers. we are not your slave dogs, the work we do sends you to florida so have some more respect and recognition

2. Politics is not only present in goverment...

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work there are usyally pretty great. And, if you love interacting with customers & helping them with products they actually need, this is a great place yo do that.

Cons

They want you to sell your soul to meet your numbers - NO EXCUSES! They want you to stay at work, sleep there even, until the numbers are met, even when the economy was at it's worse. You may be a proven leader & success on paper, but you need knee pads and chapstick to get a raise more than 14¢ a year. Also, there is absolutely no consistency. I made Annual Pinnacle & I've been on the trips, but in reality I'm a born humanitarian & philatropist, so I just couldn't sell my soul to my district manager. It may have just been my district though...

Advice to Management

Give your employees what they deserve, especially in times like these. And set your expectations at a reasonable level. Don't make people have to chose between their ethics & putting food on the table for their families. That's when you unexpectedly lose employees who actually care - like me!