U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com

Twelve years and hopefully many more.

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsEmployment is stable, you can learn a lot on the job, people from other areas are usually very willing to help, and management sets a good example with ethical behavior.

ConsWith the increased scrutiny of big banks, documentation of activities is critical. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone overboard. Also, I started in the business side of the bank and eventually transferred to the technology side. I have noticed that many of the technology staff do not know the business side which has been a pain point for the customer-facing business areas seeking new technology solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough I understand and agree with "pay for performance", you could do a better job of loosening the purse strings when it comes to bonuses and pay increases. As for benefits, it would be wise to increase the amount of vacation time you grant employees each year. Also, look at ways to document activities efficiently, rather than "documentation for the sake of documentation".

Great place to work

Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Supportive management who have worked with me to promote growth. Cons: Wages when starting in a smaller community are lackluster and… Advice to Senior Management: As with any company, reward internal assets to encourage employees to stay instead… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Getting better at developing and promoting within....

Business Systems Analyst III (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: USBank has gotten much better at showing employees appreciation and providing opportunities for their employees to develop through mentoring and leadership programs.… Cons: Depending on the area you work in (product, IT, branch,… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe start investing more in your 25-45 age group employees that have been around for awhile. If they earn it and are eligible for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!