U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,325 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Twelve years and hopefully many more.

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Richfield, MN

ProsEmployment is stable, you can learn a lot on the job, people from other areas are usually very willing to help, and management sets a good example with ethical behavior.

ConsWith the increased scrutiny of big banks, documentation of activities is critical. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone overboard. Also, I started in the business side of the bank and eventually transferred to the technology side. I have noticed that many of the technology staff do not know the business side which has been a pain point for the customer-facing business areas seeking new technology solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough I understand and agree with "pay for performance", you could do a better job of loosening the purse strings when it comes to bonuses and pay increases. As for benefits, it would be wise to increase the amount of vacation time you grant employees each year. Also, look at ways to document activities efficiently, rather than "documentation for the sake of documentation".

good company with decent jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: great pay, great benefits, good experiences Cons: pulled in a lot of directions Advice to Senior Management: decide who you want to be and stick with it Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Personal Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros: Flexible Schedule, Advancement Opportunities, Full Benefits Cons: Low Pay, Promotions delayed if the company is not making… More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.