U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com
  www.usbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Twelve years and hopefully many more.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Richfield, MN
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Richfield, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employment is stable, you can learn a lot on the job, people from other areas are usually very willing to help, and management sets a good example with ethical behavior.

Cons

With the increased scrutiny of big banks, documentation of activities is critical. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone overboard. Also, I started in the business side of the bank and eventually transferred to the technology side. I have noticed that many of the technology staff do not know the business side which has been a pain point for the customer-facing business areas seeking new technology solutions.

Although I understand and agree with "pay for performance", you could do a better job of loosening the purse strings when it comes to bonuses and pay increases. As for benefits, it would be wise to increase the amount of vacation time you grant employees each year. Also, look at ways to document activities efficiently, rather than "documentation for the sake of documentation".

1604 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Nice to know I'm making a difference for my clients.

Current Employee - Treasury Management Sales
    Current Employee - Treasury Management Sales

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, executive management support, career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are awful for families.

A great starting point to a career in finance.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quality training. Caring leaders. Mentor program. Advancement opportunities.

Cons

Stress of being under staffed during peak hours and not being able to perform to your best abilities or not providing the service you know you can give.

HELP!!!! Do not be afraid to jump in the trenches and help us on the front lines. We can only fight for so long before we feel defeated and then it's too late for a triumphant comeback.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank