U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

I'm satisfied with my experience with the bank

Former Employee - Control Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Control Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Stability, job security, good management policies and work flexibility.

Cons

Outdated and primitive operational procedures

Give more employment opportunities to non-U.S. applicants

1674 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Boring US Bank

Former Employee - Internal Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Internal Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are into fiance and using archaic computer systems its a great place to work. They are careful with their money and would be a good investment with little risk because they are not going to get caught in a mortgage crisis. They undermarket so they have to give you a better deal on most of their products because they are losing business to their larger competitors.

Cons

Low pay. Headhunters call all the time because they know that they can hire you away with a pay increase. They are bankers first and they dont know much about the functional areas. For exaple the bankers know banking but they dont know marketing or sales or operations. So you get the bankers take on sales and marketing which is fairly 1980s. Little upward mobility. No resevour of knowledge. If you are looking for a first time job it might be ok but if you are over 30 probably can get a better job somewhere else.

Worst bank (the local region) I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Not Willing to List in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Not Willing to List in Spokane, WA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have no pros to share from my experience. The bank as a whole is strong and successful, however the Spokane Region has got to be the worst within the bank. I would NEVER work for this bank again.

Cons

Micromanagement to the highest degree, front line has no power in decision making, WAY too focused on the bottom line than the customer. Nobody felt like they could speak up/share ideas. My manager was non-existent, could never get a hold of her. She never resolved issues which ended up causing a rift between me and my business partners. She always recieved terrible annual employee ratings and continued to be a low-par manager and was able to keep her job. Poor behavior of managers was dismissed my upper management.

Clean house! Be realistic...is this region at the top or even near the top of the rung? How long will you let this go on. U.S. Bank has lost so many great employees due to allowing poor management to exist.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank