There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Wonderful Company with Pros and Cons to be Expected

Former Employee - Assistant Relationship Manager in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Assistant Relationship Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

U.S. Bank, outside a retail setting pays very well. Their branch staff remains low but is comparable any bank's retail positions.

Cons

Direct correlations between making more money and travelling too often, away from family a lot.

Not allowed to use my prior Manager's name or contact information for future positions as a reference due to Human Resource Policy within the company. Don't ever expect a letter of recommendation...you are either in (working for US Bank) or out.

Allow former employees means to reach prior managers for the purpose of references that can be used to advance my career as a former employee.

reviews filtered by
  1. Abusers of EEO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

there are no pros its all political and who you know or sleep with

Cons

if you are not in with the right regionals you are doomed and HR is a joke DM's have their favorites and talk about team members behind their back Shame on You

post job openings when you "create a position" don't talk about piers if you are in upper management.....

Worst bank (the local region) I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Not Willing to List in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Not Willing to List in Spokane, WA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have no pros to share from my experience. The bank as a whole is strong and successful, however the Spokane Region has got to be the worst within the bank. I would NEVER work for this bank again.

Cons

Micromanagement to the highest degree, front line has no power in decision making, WAY too focused on the bottom line than the customer. Nobody felt like they could speak up/share ideas. My manager was non-existent, could never get a hold of her. She never resolved issues which ended up causing a rift between me and my business partners. She always recieved terrible annual employee ratings and continued to be a low-par manager and was able to keep her job. Poor behavior of managers was dismissed my upper management.

Clean house! Be realistic...is this region at the top or even near the top of the rung? How long will you let this go on. U.S. Bank has lost so many great employees due to allowing poor management to exist.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank