U.S. Bank
3.2 of 5 1,325 reviews
www.usbank.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Positive Work Culture & Learning Opportunities

Universal Banker (Current Employee)
Renton, WA

ProsCompany genuinely cares about the employees and tries to find ways to help them grow/get promoted. Us Bank offers a lot of career-learning resources for employees to build management skills. They are willing to teach you if you don't know the business.

ConsManagement can be blind to your current work load. There are also communication issues between management. One manager will tell you to walk right and the other will say left.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent and empathetic to your employees. This will help your employees walk forward not sideways. Never tell your employees that you don't know how to 'do' something. It looks bad if your employees have more banker/operation knowledge than you.

Professional

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Have a chance to grow the business at your branch… Cons: Too many hours of work. Not family work life balanced. Advice to Senior Management: Be more flexible in working hours and considerate of family… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Well-oiled machine it's not

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: Employment for life if you can sustain it. Executive management are saying they're trying… Cons: Classic super regional... Lots of overhead, lots of unnecessary paperwork, red tape everywhere, impossible to get something done. Technology is… Advice to Senior Management: Allow business to hire their own technology and give them free hand to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.