There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

My overall experience with US Bank.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Laid-back environment, some good people work there, large company

Cons

Does not value employee concerns, hierarchy is not balanced within my department, hard to share ideas

Listen to the employee and acknowledge they exist

1448 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Worked 2 years as a Commercial Credit Analyst and 2 years as a Trust Officer

Current Employee - Trust Officer  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Trust Officer in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large organization with many resources to offer both clients and employees. As with any large organization, a growth and return to shareholder focus was at front of mind in many aspects of the organization, which made for a progressive company and a fast paced environment.

Cons

The other side of the coin is that, due to the growth and return paradigm of the company, there was little in the form of formal training for new hires. As a credit analyst I was fortunate to have a great mentor who went above and beyond to train, however as a trust officer I was not provided with guidance which inhibited my professional growth.

Promote a more rigorous training program for new hires, especially in the areas of commercial credit analysis and trust and estate administration.

Great company for external shareholders, tough on employees. Always cutting cost (labor)

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Decent pay structure, very strong stability, many opportunities for advancement

Cons

Outdated systems and hardware, stretch retail very thin, cost cutting measures take money out of employees pockets.

Company has an outstanding reputation in the industry, however very tough for employees to keep motivation year after year when bonus structure decreases, benefits decrease, and time to onboard new employees increases. High EPS and ROI due to strong ability to cut expenses which hit retail very hard.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!