There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Overall, a solid bank to work for in this volatile environment.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Davenport, IA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

It is a large company that still believes in family first. They compensate well compared to other banks in the region. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is always coming up with more innovative ways to serve the customer and make their banking easier and better for them. Although we have shareholders and are required to meet certain criteria, the customer's needs are always #1.

Cons

There are a number of different departments throughout the country that deal with different aspects of banking. Sometimes even an employee has to make a number of phone calls on behalf of a customer in order to get something corrected.

Keep making advancements in the way we provide services to our customers.

1506 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Strong company. Excellent place to work, but needs better health benefits and workplace perks.

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

The company did very well through the Credit and Mortgage Crisis and is positioned very well in the market. They take security service VERY serious and over all its a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement, excellent workplace environment, and the management is great. Opportunities to work from home are also very nice. I can log in and work from home on days when it won't interfere with getting things done.

Cons

The Insurance Benefits are expensive. There is flexibility in the plans but for anything decent you have to pay an arm and a leg. I am very disappointed in the Insurance options presented, and as a result have a plan with a $2900 deductible and a health savings account I contribute $400/month to - So my monthly cost is affordable but I pay everything myself until I hit $2900 in deductibles for myself or $5800 for a family. With Health Care costs going up, I suppose its about the same everywhere. Free coffee in the workplace would be nice too. You can't get a cup of coffee unless you go to a machine and put in some money or join a coffee club with co-workers - come on.

Keep up the good work! Great job steering through this economic marketplace mess! Work on improving the Health Insurance package to give people real, affordable options for managed care - I miss the days when I could afford to be in an HMO and go to the doctor with a reasonable co-pay.

OK place to work, but nothing you'll be thrilled with.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

The people who work there are great for the most part. The company is always looking for ways to be the best.

Cons

Compensation is below average, in my experience. Benefits are adequate, but increasingly expensive for employees. Opportunity for pay increases is limited to only the "cream of the crop employees" and steady performance/experience/job knowledge is not valued. Merit increases/bonuses are reserved for the top sales people, regardless of performance in other areas. This means that as long as you bring in new business, it doesn't matter how much money you cost the company with bad decisions.

Compensate branch employees on overall performance, not just sales performance. Net contribution to the company's bottom line should be more important than "net DDA".

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank