There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Overall, a solid bank to work for in this volatile environment.

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Davenport, IA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

It is a large company that still believes in family first. They compensate well compared to other banks in the region. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is always coming up with more innovative ways to serve the customer and make their banking easier and better for them. Although we have shareholders and are required to meet certain criteria, the customer's needs are always #1.

Cons

There are a number of different departments throughout the country that deal with different aspects of banking. Sometimes even an employee has to make a number of phone calls on behalf of a customer in order to get something corrected.

Keep making advancements in the way we provide services to our customers.

1466 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Strong company. Excellent place to work, but needs better health benefits and workplace perks.

Current Employee - Applications Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

The company did very well through the Credit and Mortgage Crisis and is positioned very well in the market. They take security service VERY serious and over all its a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement, excellent workplace environment, and the management is great. Opportunities to work from home are also very nice. I can log in and work from home on days when it won't interfere with getting things done.

Cons

The Insurance Benefits are expensive. There is flexibility in the plans but for anything decent you have to pay an arm and a leg. I am very disappointed in the Insurance options presented, and as a result have a plan with a $2900 deductible and a health savings account I contribute $400/month to - So my monthly cost is affordable but I pay everything myself until I hit $2900 in deductibles for myself or $5800 for a family. With Health Care costs going up, I suppose its about the same everywhere. Free coffee in the workplace would be nice too. You can't get a cup of coffee unless you go to a machine and put in some money or join a coffee club with co-workers - come on.

Keep up the good work! Great job steering through this economic marketplace mess! Work on improving the Health Insurance package to give people real, affordable options for managed care - I miss the days when I could afford to be in an HMO and go to the doctor with a reasonable co-pay.

US Bank gives you a wonderful opportunity to work very hard for very little compensation

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

A solid balance sheet during the bad times assures a level of job security. A reasonable place to learn the conservative way of doing things, and to learn patience and perseverance in the face of a manic depressive credit culture.

Cons

Job security definitely comes at a cost. They don't pay in the good times... how can we expect to be paid in the bad times? Promotions are capricious and based on politics and personal relationships. Despite the consant barage of PR from senior management, this place is far from a meritocracy. There is an unbelievably high level of turnover of junior and midlevel staff.

Learn how to pay the top earners. Don't pay the dead wood (oops... ignore that... you already don't pay anyone!) Your philosophy is transparent --- know that we know you don't think we can go anywhere else...it's not true for top performers, does very little to inspire loyalty, and will leave you with a whole bunch of mediocrity.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!