There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Overall, a solid bank to work for in this volatile environment.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Davenport, IA

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

It is a large company that still believes in family first. They compensate well compared to other banks in the region. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is always coming up with more innovative ways to serve the customer and make their banking easier and better for them. Although we have shareholders and are required to meet certain criteria, the customer's needs are always #1.

Cons

There are a number of different departments throughout the country that deal with different aspects of banking. Sometimes even an employee has to make a number of phone calls on behalf of a customer in order to get something corrected.

Advice to Management

Keep making advancements in the way we provide services to our customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Strong company. Excellent place to work, but needs better health benefits and workplace perks.

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

The company did very well through the Credit and Mortgage Crisis and is positioned very well in the market. They take security service VERY serious and over all its a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement, excellent workplace environment, and the management is great. Opportunities to work from home are also very nice. I can log in and work from home on days when it won't interfere with getting things done.

Cons

The Insurance Benefits are expensive. There is flexibility in the plans but for anything decent you have to pay an arm and a leg. I am very disappointed in the Insurance options presented, and as a result have a plan with a $2900 deductible and a health savings account I contribute $400/month to - So my monthly cost is affordable but I pay everything myself until I hit $2900 in deductibles for myself or $5800 for a family. With Health Care costs going up, I suppose its about the same everywhere. Free coffee in the workplace would be nice too. You can't get a cup of coffee unless you go to a machine and put in some money or join a coffee club with co-workers - come on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great job steering through this economic marketplace mess! Work on improving the Health Insurance package to give people real, affordable options for managed care - I miss the days when I could afford to be in an HMO and go to the doctor with a reasonable co-pay.

2. Great place to put your money - HORRIBLE place to work

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

US Bank is a very conservative lender. For this reason, they are holding up well in the current unstable financial sector. They are also nearly nationwide, so if you enjoy working for US Bank, there is ample room to climb the ladder if you want to move to a larger city.

Cons

It's nearly impossible to report unethical behavior when working in a smaller branch like I do. I don't even dare list my city/state, on this site even though my name remains anonymous, for fear of retribution. When working in a small branch, you can't report any unethical behavior or violations due to the fact that management will know precisely where the report came from. While they have a no retribution policy, it's not enforced. For these reasons, management gets away with a lot of unethical behavior. Also, US Bank sees it's customers as numbers, not people. They are in constant "contest" mode, pushing branches to get as many checking accounts, etc as possible, and reprimanding people if they don't. They also give away a tiny yearly bonus when you perform well. However, you must remain employed through December 31st or you forfeit it. Considering that employee turnover is extremely high, they save a great deal of money by not paying their employees for outstanding achievements.

Advice to Management

Treat your customers and employees with more respect than you currently do. Don't make everyone a "number". This is a very cold, un-family-friendly employer.