There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

Amazing Company To Work For

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Manchester, NH
Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Manchester, NH

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Work environment is amazing and not a stressful job. Benefits are outstanding which include free phone, lands end clothing allowance , tuition reimbursement, health , dental ..... The pay is much better than most realize. I make just under 11 an hour plus $45 each new line of service plus money for migration, data plans , spiffs and tons of team bonuses. All together it is more than fair to say I make over 45000 a year easy. And I also love the fact that we close businesses at store level. Everything about the company and culture is spectacular.

Cons

Hours being normally around the ball park of 10-7 has its drawbacks but if you work in retail you know hours are not always ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards following the "Dynamic Organization". I love how high up management really cares what everyone at the retail level wants. Mary Dillon is making some huge changes for the better and the company is taking some huge steps in the right direction.

reviews filtered by

Brainwashing, Cult-like, prepare to have them "run your life-like company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Benefits are nice, vacation time is good. Nice to have company service with a company phone that you use daily.

Cons

Stores are short-staffed, Management comes and goes as they please, always pushing us to sell to customers that don't even exist. Workload has been cut to 3 person work-load all on 1 associate. Commissions have decreased, frontline associates who are doing all of the work keep getting slashed in pay, and the hourly is nothing to brag about. The new plans are NOT competitive, even though they brainwash you to believe they are. Remember its called the "Belief" project. Instead of calling in for your ENTITLED PAID SICK days and hearing a response such as, "hope you feel better," you will get the whole 3rd degree on how your absence is negatively affecting the sales flow of the store. Kinda like calling into school when you were in the fourth grade. If you want to feel like you are being treated as a child with orders and expectations like a parent, then I would highly reccommend the job. Other than that, stick with your OWN religion, because in here, you can bet they will push their "cult" on you! So thats pretty much it in a nut-shell. Enjoy!

Advice to Management

I would say re-evaluate the plans that are not that affective and competitve in todays society. People are broke and losing their jobs!!!! They WILL go with a service that is patchy to save a couple bucks TRUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear it all the time!

Great culture in theory

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Great culture preached and embraced by most. Passionate associates. Great compensation.

Cons

Emphasis on effective leadership hit or miss depending on the department you work in. Some directors given free reign to terrorize without oversight.

Advice to Management

Keep closer watch on the folks that lead. The culture survey results don't lie.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular