There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

Amazing Company To Work For

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Manchester, NH
Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Manchester, NH

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Work environment is amazing and not a stressful job. Benefits are outstanding which include free phone, lands end clothing allowance , tuition reimbursement, health , dental ..... The pay is much better than most realize. I make just under 11 an hour plus $45 each new line of service plus money for migration, data plans , spiffs and tons of team bonuses. All together it is more than fair to say I make over 45000 a year easy. And I also love the fact that we close businesses at store level. Everything about the company and culture is spectacular.

Cons

Hours being normally around the ball park of 10-7 has its drawbacks but if you work in retail you know hours are not always ideal.

Keep working towards following the "Dynamic Organization". I love how high up management really cares what everyone at the retail level wants. Mary Dillon is making some huge changes for the better and the company is taking some huge steps in the right direction.

562 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular (View Most Recent)

Dynamic Work Enviornment & Leadership

Current Employee - Instructor, Associate Performance Solutions in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Instructor, Associate Performance Solutions in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

The quality of leadership is very impressive. Leaders are held to the highest degree of excellence and are guided by values that highly esteem ethics and respect. I would never be able to work anywhere else, because my expectations of what a company's leadership and culture should look like has been permanently raised by being here.

Cons

Any great work comes with a cost and the cost of working at US Cellular is that you have to bring your best each day. For some that can be very difficult, but in the end, great work is always appreciated and praised.

Continue to win and continue to promote quality leaders.

One of the best employers out there!

Current Employee - Manager Within the Human Resources Department in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Company of about 9000 associates. Yearly participation in the culture survey is above 90% for 12 years in a row! Percent of associates that are proud of what we're accomplishing as a business is over 95%! Associate's confidence in senior leadership is also around 90%! And that's not all, but the point is: How many companies have culture survey results like that?!

Personally speaking, I'm proud to work for U.S. Cellular. Benefits are generous and pay is very competitive. I could do the same thing and make more elsewhere, but I couldn't imagine leaving this culture. Every associate is empowered to own their development and do what's right for the customer without fear of negative backlash. Open communication between associates and leaders at all levels of the organization is encouraged and supported. Leaders are held accountable to high standards and the company invests more in leadership development than any other company I've heard of. We are all united under a common set of values and behaviors that are fully integrated into what every single employee is held accountable to: Customer Focus, Respect, Ethics, Pride, Empowerment, and Diversity.

This is not window dressing...it's real. U.S. Cellular is a company that has so much to offer every associate at every level. The price of admission is you are expected to adhear to the values and behaviors, be adaptable to change as the business needs you to change, and to bring your very best every day.

Cons

I don't really consider these downsides, but they are part of the reality of working in a corporate environment in this day in age. The economic climate has been hard on almost all industries and businesses. Wireless is no exception. U.S. Cellular is small, which allows it to be innovative and adapt more quickly to the environment, but it also feels the pressure of consumer buying behavior changes a little more deeply. More is now expected of every single associate, and more accountability to results has entered into our culture. Accountability wasn't a strong suit...I'd say we still have long way to go. So it's no wonder some are taking these changes harder than others.

It's great to have an award winning network, the happiest customers in the industry, and a bulk of awards for customer satisfaction and best place to work, etc, etc, etc. I love our culture. I love coming to work every day. But in the big scheme of things, our culture is a means to an end - business results. We are not growing right now, but the business is healthy in almost every respect. Moral will take a hit when associates have so much pride in what we do here. And those associates that are not committed may not stay with us. But I believe in what we're accomplishing. And I will be an advocate.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular