There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

Working at US Cellular has changed my life

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA
Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Working for a company such as US Cellular brings new experiences and perspectives on a work environment. Everyone I work with shows passion towards a common goal. It is a place that is focused on behaviors not micromanaging numbers. It's a place where behaviors are coached to truly help individuals at all levels increase performance and overall help become a better person.

Cons

Working in a call center environment in general, one can find it somewhat challenging for particular time off, however that is the nature of the beast. At US Cellular the leader support does truly care and will do whatever possible to help another out. There are options as well, for example in customer service if you are not able to take benefit time, you can trade shifts with another associate. So really it is not a downside, it is just a challenge in the type of environment where customers need us.

Continue what you do!

reviews filtered by

Exciting Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

The Values and Behaviors of the D.O.
    The stories and experiences in regard to winning customer service-a customer thanking us for our help.
    The empowerment and freedom to make decisions to provide an effective customer experience.
    Benefits w/pension plan, tuition- reimbursement
     good vacation time awarded
    Market Leaders try to help morale and look out for us

Cons

pay is not the best (but not the worst)
    hours- vacation blackouts
    lack of incentives-for the non-sales support groups
    no visibility of senior leadership except in the home area (chicago)

Be more visible to all markets instead of a select few.
    Don't be afraid to get the latest and greatest- Not meaning the i-phone, but look at a phone/device we can be exclusive on that is the best.
    Raise data limits; Let the family plans with data share their data like they would minutes.
    Get more input from store level for major changes such as Plan-grams, store hours, compensation. some of these decisions are very different by store, location, and markets.

2. Excellent

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Williamston, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Williamston, NC

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Great pay, health dental and vision, opportunities for advancement, tuition reimbursement, good culture, primarily focuses on customer satisfaction instead of only trying to earn an extra dollar

Cons

the only downsides would be having to be avaliable to move for advancement, not having a large amount of stores in the region where I live, higher-up positions are not always filled with proper management

You're doing a great job, but being a little more encouraging to those who want to be in a management position, instead of just thinking "it's a good idea" would be nice. It's kind of hard to want to move up when you're not sure of what steps you need to take to get there.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular