U.S. Cellular

Working at US Cellular has changed my life

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA
Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Working for a company such as US Cellular brings new experiences and perspectives on a work environment. Everyone I work with shows passion towards a common goal. It is a place that is focused on behaviors not micromanaging numbers. It's a place where behaviors are coached to truly help individuals at all levels increase performance and overall help become a better person.

Cons

Working in a call center environment in general, one can find it somewhat challenging for particular time off, however that is the nature of the beast. At US Cellular the leader support does truly care and will do whatever possible to help another out. There are options as well, for example in customer service if you are not able to take benefit time, you can trade shifts with another associate. So really it is not a downside, it is just a challenge in the type of environment where customers need us.

Continue what you do!

622 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular (View Most Recent)

Exciting Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

The Values and Behaviors of the D.O.
    The stories and experiences in regard to winning customer service-a customer thanking us for our help.
    The empowerment and freedom to make decisions to provide an effective customer experience.
    Benefits w/pension plan, tuition- reimbursement
     good vacation time awarded
    Market Leaders try to help morale and look out for us

Cons

pay is not the best (but not the worst)
    hours- vacation blackouts
    lack of incentives-for the non-sales support groups
    no visibility of senior leadership except in the home area (chicago)

Be more visible to all markets instead of a select few.
    Don't be afraid to get the latest and greatest- Not meaning the i-phone, but look at a phone/device we can be exclusive on that is the best.
    Raise data limits; Let the family plans with data share their data like they would minutes.
    Get more input from store level for major changes such as Plan-grams, store hours, compensation. some of these decisions are very different by store, location, and markets.

Stressful - I have never worked at a place that i was this stressed at

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Alcoa, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Alcoa, TN

I worked at U.S. Cellular

Pros

It has good Benefits - but they keep going up year after year

Cons

At the location i was at i felt belittled the last year I was there with the new management they brought in. I was never given any encourgement or support even with going through personal tragedy. I felt like you are suppose to get the sale no matter what the cost. You are told to be ethical but only if it benefits them. They backstab and talk to other associates about you. They let go of anyone who does not drink the kool-aid. The 5 step selling process is a joke- this is not a dating service. They are serious micromanagers that think they have to be called over every little thing which is fine for some people. If you are 10!!

Get over yourself - you are just a puppet on a string. You need to value the talent that you have instead of trying to feel the store with people you think will be yes sir and no sir people. It is good that there is diversity in a store which used to be important. Now it is just a cookie cutter environment.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular