There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

This place is awesome! Seriously!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

- Career growth for proactive motivated people - Very supportive management - Open to feed back -customers really are a lot happier than at our competitors -touchy feely culture (but in a good way) -becoming more competitive all the time -Take employee growth very seriously -Serious about serious talent

Cons

- Incorrect public perceptions about the company and its capabilities are still prevalent -Very competitive industry, not for the people who can't handle constant change -Work/ life balance is tough, but necessary to stay in the game

Advice to Management

Continue to make the hard decisions to keep the company competitive. And, continue to do things that will make us different from other wireless companies.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Working at US Cellular has changed my life

Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coach in Marion, IA

Pros

Working for a company such as US Cellular brings new experiences and perspectives on a work environment. Everyone I work with shows passion towards a common goal. It is a place that is focused on behaviors not micromanaging numbers. It's a place where behaviors are coached to truly help individuals at all levels increase performance and overall help become a better person.

Cons

Working in a call center environment in general, one can find it somewhat challenging for particular time off, however that is the nature of the beast. At US Cellular the leader support does truly care and will do whatever possible to help another out. There are options as well, for example in customer service if you are not able to take benefit time, you can trade shifts with another associate. So really it is not a downside, it is just a challenge in the type of environment where customers need us.

Advice to Management

Continue what you do!

Exciting Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Interim Retail Sales Manager in Goldsboro, NC

Pros

The Values and Behaviors of the D.O. The stories and experiences in regard to winning customer service-a customer thanking us for our help. The empowerment and freedom to make decisions to provide an effective customer experience. Benefits w/pension plan, tuition- reimbursement good vacation time awarded Market Leaders try to help morale and look out for us

Cons

pay is not the best (but not the worst) hours- vacation blackouts lack of incentives-for the non-sales support groups no visibility of senior leadership except in the home area (chicago)

Advice to Management

Be more visible to all markets instead of a select few. Don't be afraid to get the latest and greatest- Not meaning the i-phone, but look at a phone/device we can be exclusive on that is the best. Raise data limits; Let the family plans with data share their data like they would minutes. Get more input from store level for major changes such as Plan-grams, store hours, compensation. some of these decisions are very different by store, location, and markets.