Retail Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, quotas are very manageable, great place to learn if you have the right sales manager and store manager.

Cons

network quality is good, belief plans a great idea but allow customers to leave without penalty. Losing a lot of customers because of inability to get the Iphone. New LTE networks is taking a long time to roll out and staying competitive in the Chicago market. Prices of plans and phones are the same as Verizon but without the latest phones or the LTE.

Moving up depends on whether your manager will work for you to move up. If you have you a manager that will work to get you recognized you can move up quickly otherwise be prepared to connect with the area managers to get your name to them.

Other Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Backstabbing crooks only concerned about the bottom line

Former Employee - Service Technician  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Des Moines, IA

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Looking back there is only one pro to working there: The people I worked with "in the trenches" were some of the best people I have ever met.

Cons

NO work/life balance, poor merit increases even though you get an exceeds expectations review. Are more concerned with getting rid of the employees who have been there for awhile and replacing them with part time employees who get lower wages and less benefits

get a clue, you will end up getting sued for wrongful dismissal eventually if this continues

Not what it used to be..

Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant  in  Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Greenville, NC

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

OK Pay for someone coming off the street that doesn't know different
    Free Phone
    Pays for School
    Benefits/401K

Cons

Cut commissions and bonuses... Ended up taking a 15,000 pay cut by the time I decided enough was enough!
    A value for leadership is "Lead by inspiration.. not fear" When really it felt like the other way around.
    Had to drink the kool aid to get anywhere, I fought it for years but as soon as I succumbed I got a promotion within a month.
    Associate satisfaction was a huge step in their business model... It changed to associate passion and apparently that means "suck the life out of your people"

I'm not bitter... but I said Hello Better to a different company!

iPhone is going to be the death of you.
    And stop having your front line lie to your customers! Your signal is getting worse with 4G. That's why you can't roll it out like you want.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!