Dynamic Organization

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, discounted phone service, accessory discounts, amazing people, good hours and fair. Could not have asked to work for a better company.

Cons

I have no cons for this amazing company!

Advice to Management

I think upper management has done an amazing job with our business and I would like them to keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

1. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at U.S. Cellular part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule. They compensate their employees fairly as well.

Cons

Big emphasis on achieving quotas

If you can drink the kool-aid, you're set for life.

Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant and Small Business Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(I was a Retail Wireless Consultant) - Decent pay for what you're doing. - Don't need much education. - If you're in the right store, you can have a great manager and learn a lot. - Mary Dillon, the CEO, is intelligent and is definitely trying to make the company as big as she can.

Cons

- Incredibly repetitive. - Customers aren't usually very smart, which can be exhausting. - You HAVE to believe US Cellular is better than everyone else in order to be successful. Ad campaigns don't usually paint an accurate picture (for example, we ran a campaign that said customers could save up to $300 a year if they switched, however, the campaign was comparing Verizon and AT&T unlimited plans to our 450 minute plans. Not quite the same.) - Most stores don't have good management, and so you have to deal with things you shouldn't have to. For example, in my store, my manager played favorites more than anything I've ever seen. She had someone fired because she did not like them (she told me in a one-on-one), simply by writing down every single little thing they did wrong (including things that would normally be done wrong if you were new, like not signing the closing list). She said, and I quote, that "if she wants to get someone fired, she'll write down everything they do wrong until she has enough of a reason to fire them." She also used the store's ideas to further herself in her career, which builds resentment in the team.