happy

Former Employee - RWC in Springfield, IL
Former Employee - RWC in Springfield, IL

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great company to learn wireless in and provide for my family. Great benefits and well taken care of monetarily. Many oppurtunities to win contests and encouraged to go the extra mile.

Cons

They are kind of behind in technology for selling technology. Many of their practices of "day to day" tasks seem outdated. They need to be more forward thinking. Almost too "mom and pop" feel company to be in technology.

Advice to Management

run faster

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible

I worked at U.S. Cellular (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers were great but kept getting fired

Cons

Management. Feels like a cult. Constantly monitored and reprimanded for not conforming to their standards. Worked there over 10 years. Went downhill majorly last five years

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and stop firing good employees

Disappointing

Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in West Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in West Knoxville, TN

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, fair to good pay, good amount of time off.

Cons

Hostile environment. This company went from among the top in the nation as an employer to treating it's people like a burden. The executives of this company changed everything within the past 9 months to create a simply poisonous environment. The CEO quit without warning, as did many multiple executives, as the company is a sinking ship. I work in tier two customer service and see every week people quitting my department or getting fired, and I see the same in tier one and in tech. The management has gone from supporting the associates to attacking them for the decisions the executives have made that have caused triple billing, random cancellations, and a plethora of other horrors for the customers. I would encourage anyone to go to the US Cellular facebook page to see the effects of this. I would very much warn against joining this company, though I have worked with them for the past two years and continue to do so.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions without consulting the front line, stop jumping head first into stupid things that can be determined with a cursory glance to be obviously cataclysmic. Also, stop taking out your mistakes on your front line. We all know that you are planning on doing to us all what you did to the CC05 call center and the Illionis, and St. Louis markets, which is selling us and cutting our pay drastically while also cutting our benefits. You know, like those people up there who had been with US Cellular for more that 10 years? Yeah, those guys.