There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Cellular

Great company to work for...

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic Organization - great cross functional communication without fear of reprisal. Able to speak open and honestly to executives and be heard

Cons

Projects can get lengthy surpassing the launch date.

Advice to Management

Happy to know Kenneth Myers is the President - smart man and I expect the company will grow into it's own as time goes by.

Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Horrible Company to work for

Pros

Benefits, PTO pay is not bad

Cons

I got corrective action for getting up to use the bathroom outside my lunch and breaks and told in the corrective actions that I needed to control my fluid intake. Calls are. Picked apart and manipulated so most of the time it's impossible to get all yeses on your calls.

Advice to Management

for starters I never met the call center director and she never bothered to walk around and say high to anyone but coaches. They blamed us when customers left because of the billing system but we had our hands tied and were told to tell customers that th were still responsible for the bills even though autopay hadn't been taking the money out. The new billing system is so slow and it makes it virtually impossible to get the job done quickly. Training class was awesome but UScellular I ended up working for was not the UScellular I learned about in trainining.

Used to be the best place in the world to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Medford, OR

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair compensation. Excellent benefits. The company is generally full of great people who really do care about the customer. The company demands ethical behavior.

Cons

Upper management has shifted away from having an employee focus to having a results only focus. Too many really good people are getting lost in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Get back down to basics and quit trying to be Verizon.