U.S. Cellular

www.uscellular.com

Great Learning Environment

Store Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA lot of opportunity for advancement. They also have a decent compensation structure for leaders and a very generous benefits package. It is a true learning environment. They focus on associate development and stress the importance of always growing in your position.

ConsThe changes over the past year have set off a fire storm of reorganization. Sales reps compensation package is competative but the lack of traffic made it hard for them to hit goals. The company is not growing at a fast enough rate. The culture can be a good and bad thing. Many good employees let go for things that weren't major offenses. Very easy for leadership to be let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on growth but don't cut the throats of your front line employees. cut some of the fat in the senior leadership area. There are a lot of leaders in the RSO who have no idea what the business actually looks like on the front line. get more feedback and ideas from your field leaders (and not just your Chicago area leaders).

HORRIBLE; MIND CONTROL; WASTE OF TIME

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros: Umm its a job, they pay you (decent pay), and you get benefits. If you have a good local manager, which I do, then… Cons: They have a incredible Belief & Value structure with-in the company, but they don't LIVE those beliefs. Everyone in upper-management is a YES person,… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the people around you and take a long look at yourself. The "right" thing isn't to just pat yourself on the back… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Exciting

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at U.S. Cellular

Pros: Leadership development is a key driver. Cons: If you like retail. This is a good place to… Advice to Senior Management: Go Back To The DO Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U.S. Cellular.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!