U.S. Marketing & Promotions

Great part time job

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Demonstrator
Former Employee - Sales Representative/Demonstrator

I worked at U.S. Marketing & Promotions

Pros

This is the best part time position I have held. If you are a people person and love to interact with customers and store employees, this is the best part time job to hold. For a college student, I could not be more satisfied with the flexibility of hours and the great pay for it being mainly a weekend job. This allowed me to intern during the week and earn extra income on the weekends for more "fun" type things in my budget. The only reason I left is because I graduated from college and wanted to begin my career where there would be no time for me to work this job on the weekends anymore.

Cons

The only cons I can think of for this particular job is sometimes you feel you are on your own. You are responsible for making your shifts, and will only receive direct support when your manager comes to visit with you.

Advice to Management

My best advice to management would be to do a better job in regulating what materials get sent to their employees. With the amount of marketing material we received, my tiny apartment couldn't hold all of it!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great

Current Employee - Promotional Model
    Current Employee - Promotional Model

I have been working at U.S. Marketing & Promotions

Pros

Flexible, great boss, very understandable

Cons

The pay takes a few weeks but it always shows up

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Upper management may be missing out on big money making opportunities,"million dollar ideas",are being overlooked.

Current Employee - Market Representative/Specialty Accounts in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Market Representative/Specialty Accounts in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at U.S. Marketing & Promotions

Pros

This is a very reputable company, where experience in Marketing is equally important to your experience in Veterinary Care and Nutrition.

Cons

Being such a big company, located on the West coast, it can be difficult to communicate any creative ideas, for company profit, to the right individuals.

Advice to Management

To give their representatives a chance to have access to higher management, with any ideas or concerns in the market. Establishing a system that allows for an opportunity to expand to new clients. Knowledge of store grand openings should be a bigger priority, within each individual market. Representatives should have an opportunity to widen the range of store coverage, as the economy warrants. As bigger busier stores open, the company needs to stay more proactive in this.