There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Office of Personnel Management

sad state of affairs in Gov't.Gfdfsdddtfdfkkkov't v

Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC

I have been working at U.S. Office of Personnel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience and access to all levels of government professionals as well as other agencies within government if you are lucky - Wonderful internship opportinities through USAjobs.com - keywords: Pathways Program, Internships.

Cons

Competitive, clicky, cut throat ~ outdated technology - Nepitism, favoritism.....Lack of genuine leadership.

Advice to Management

Stronger leadership would make our government agencies the ideal workplace. Sr. Leaders are too focused on dotting "I's" and crossing "T's". Too bad they don't cultivate the incredibly talented workforce they already have and loose the extra baggage that saps the system. It is really time the government executives take the initiative and step up to the plate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Loved the job, the senior staff were a complete nightmare and drove out several others they didn't like.

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at U.S. Office of Personnel Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very professional, challenging work, nice work environment. Good pay, good location.

Cons

The senior staff members are an absolute nightmare. I acquired a health issue that had me hospitalized for over a month and was put on reasonable accommodation. I brought in more that enough medical documentation. My immediate superior and another long term govt. employee did not like me, they did any and everything they could to have me removed and make my life a living nightmare, while suffering from a health problem. A H&R employee was actually removed from her position for harassing me going along with these two. I was hospitalized for 14 days, was to report to my supervisor by phone each morning, not once was I asked how I was, she just informed me each morning I was AWOL. I eventually was terminated due to my ignorance of the termination process, and my union rep had gone on an extended leave and I had no guidance or recourse to their actions. Those two ladies were there way past their 30 years and really should retire. They made the whole group a nightmare. Back-biting, negative gossip, just not a good work environment.

Advice to Management

Encourage and support a team-like atmosphere. Welcome new employees and help them to succeed. Middle management should also be held accountable for their work morale and professional attitudes.

2. The Experience is great

Current Employee - Team Leader/Observer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader/Observer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at U.S. Office of Personnel Management part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Job, but it is part time

Cons

I wish it was full time

Advice to Management

Make it Full Time