There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

Terrible experience

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

If you don't want to take any risk and want the dream of owning your own PT practice, USPh will provide the capital for you to partner with them and realize this dream.

Cons

They are definitely pro-male. There are few female executives in this boy's club. You have to talk sports in order to really bond with the upper management. The management fees are exorbitant and their accounting is difficult to understand. Maybe the shareholders do well with the partnership setup but I never met an owner who loved their experience.

Shake hands with female employees.

16 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy (View Most Recent)

Learned that you can't trust corporate healthcare.

Former Employee - Partner/Director
    Former Employee - Partner/Director

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good business experience. Fairly good benefits. Help in marketing your practice. Good value to trips to Houston for experience with other partners. As far as corporate models to work for - Concentra, Physio, Hospital based, it is one of the better ones if you can deal with a non-compete and dont wont to go out on your own.

Cons

They don't honor there own contracts. You really have no say in your clinic, despite what they may tell you. They will compete against you locally b/c their focus is on profits and ease of management. Takes too long for a decision to be made. I used to joke that if I called them on Friday to tell them my clinic was on fire, they would wait until Friday after they have their corporate meetings to call to tell me to call they fire department.

Don't let your corporate mantra ruin it for your local clinics who thrive on their own reputations. You need to base your partners more, b/c after a few years you wind up having the same risk as you would owning your own clinic with not as much of a reward. Remember news travels fast in the PT world.

Promises not kept. Numbers drive everything.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good Health Insurance and benefits package. Competive Salary (average) for our market. Good patient mix.

Cons

Corporate structure is a waste, they have lost their ability to make decisions locally b/c of their size. Turnded to be no better than my former employer as far as numbers crunching decisions. Incentive plans are unrealistic.

Give the local directors more say. I know you have 300 plus clinics but what is good for Houston is not always whats good for your small town clinic.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

Worked for U.S. Physical Therapy? Contribute to the Community!