U.S. Physical Therapy

corporate.usph.com
  corporate.usph.com
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

Learned that you can't trust corporate healthcare.

Former Employee - Partner/Director
Former Employee - Partner/Director

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good business experience. Fairly good benefits. Help in marketing your practice. Good value to trips to Houston for experience with other partners. As far as corporate models to work for - Concentra, Physio, Hospital based, it is one of the better ones if you can deal with a non-compete and dont wont to go out on your own.

Cons

They don't honor there own contracts. You really have no say in your clinic, despite what they may tell you. They will compete against you locally b/c their focus is on profits and ease of management. Takes too long for a decision to be made. I used to joke that if I called them on Friday to tell them my clinic was on fire, they would wait until Friday after they have their corporate meetings to call to tell me to call they fire department.

Don't let your corporate mantra ruin it for your local clinics who thrive on their own reputations. You need to base your partners more, b/c after a few years you wind up having the same risk as you would owning your own clinic with not as much of a reward. Remember news travels fast in the PT world.

21 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy (View Most Recent)

Promises not kept. Numbers drive everything.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good Health Insurance and benefits package. Competive Salary (average) for our market. Good patient mix.

Cons

Corporate structure is a waste, they have lost their ability to make decisions locally b/c of their size. Turnded to be no better than my former employer as far as numbers crunching decisions. Incentive plans are unrealistic.

Give the local directors more say. I know you have 300 plus clinics but what is good for Houston is not always whats good for your small town clinic.

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job and most therapists really do care about what's best for the patients

Cons

There's no room for improvement unless you go from being receptionist to doing billing and it stops there. Working alongside the physical therapists, there is such a stress on them to see enough patients to make the corporation enough money. To corporate, they aren't humans who need help, they're an account number in their system they can bill. The stress on the therapists and the stress that's put on the biller or receptionist is not worth the meager salary.

Realize the reason why patients return is because they feel they're time is valued and their needs are the highest priority, not what insurance they have and how quickly they can be swept out the door.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy