There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Physical Therapy

Learned that you can't trust corporate healthcare.

Former Employee - Partner/Director
Former Employee - Partner/Director

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good business experience. Fairly good benefits. Help in marketing your practice. Good value to trips to Houston for experience with other partners. As far as corporate models to work for - Concentra, Physio, Hospital based, it is one of the better ones if you can deal with a non-compete and dont wont to go out on your own.

Cons

They don't honor there own contracts. You really have no say in your clinic, despite what they may tell you. They will compete against you locally b/c their focus is on profits and ease of management. Takes too long for a decision to be made. I used to joke that if I called them on Friday to tell them my clinic was on fire, they would wait until Friday after they have their corporate meetings to call to tell me to call they fire department.

Advice to Management

Don't let your corporate mantra ruin it for your local clinics who thrive on their own reputations. You need to base your partners more, b/c after a few years you wind up having the same risk as you would owning your own clinic with not as much of a reward. Remember news travels fast in the PT world.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Promises not kept. Numbers drive everything.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Good Health Insurance and benefits package. Competive Salary (average) for our market. Good patient mix.

Cons

Corporate structure is a waste, they have lost their ability to make decisions locally b/c of their size. Turnded to be no better than my former employer as far as numbers crunching decisions. Incentive plans are unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Give the local directors more say. I know you have 300 plus clinics but what is good for Houston is not always whats good for your small town clinic.

Amazing Culture at USPh!

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

I've been in healthcare for many years and worked for all of the big guys. Never before have I seen a company that was run by therapists, for healthcare professionals. The CEO is a t PT, the COO is a manually trained PT. The legal counsel is an OT, the compliance officer is a nurse. There are so many more throughout the corporate company. Patient care and supporting the therapist comes first. They know what we go through in the clinic because they all have been there. A great company to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of one...