Has to be one of the worst places in the USA trucking industry to work for!!

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - OTR Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at U.S. Xpress full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro I can think of is newer equipment.

Cons

The recruiter lied prehire. Very low pay, especially for someone with much experience. They give you an OTR job and then send you to the northeast and railroad yards for little bitty short runs. Talked with management about the problems and nothing ever done and dispatch does stupid things that costs the company money. Fortunate if you make 25K-30K. The communication stinks, many times my truck was done at shop and no one called me at motel to inform me truck was ready!! Many times a truck had to go to the shop and it takes an act of congress to get a motel room.

Get the pay and miles for OTR drivers up where it ought to be, this is 2012 not 1980!! If you dont want the trucks idling, get APU's put on them!! Hire some shorthaul/regional people to run that low mile stuff. Pay a person decent for having to sit around with no loads!!!!! not have to sit for 24 hours and then pay them some little bitty layover pay!!!!

Other Reviews for U.S. Xpress

Needless Stress

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at U.S. Xpress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some people great to work with. Interesting building architecture. Pay is ok.

Cons

Nepotism is the name of the game. Trucking mentality even in office setting. Seems that you need to use a curse word in every sentence. Owner-President seems like a good ole boy who started a company when he won the lottery and just can't seem to run it correctly.

Quit hiring inept family members. Ease up on stressing employees. Listen to the ideas of your underlings.

Learn and Go

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at U.S. Xpress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company, benefits freightconsistent. Good equipment

Cons

Sliding pay scale bad, dispatch not driver friendly bad communication between weekend dispatch or night dispatch.

Treat drivers with better respect.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Xpress.

Worked for U.S. Xpress? Contribute to the Community!