There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Xpress

I really just wanted to know what a local driver should average for hourly salary!!  :)

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver  in  Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at U.S. Xpress

Pros

Well to tell the truth I do like the auto sift transmission Trucks. I like being on this dedicated acct i'm on because i'm home every day and off weekends.

Cons

As far as, downsides I would say, My dispatcher tells me that us as drivers don't get vacation we only get longivity pay! I kinda want to say what's up with that. He gets vacation pay!! We've not had a pay increase in three years. I've also been told that when we reach our 5 yrs in with the company we get another week vacation with no pay. common that's not nice!!

Communicate, Communicate!!!! Listen to your drivers and appreicate a job well done. Sometimes it would help if dispatchers was put in the hot seat for some of their actions and giving wrong company policy info.

74 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Xpress (View Most Recent)

Horrible pay and unrealistic expectations from senior managment.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at U.S. Xpress

Pros

There can be good pay in operations but they tend to lay off a whole team at once if its not performing the way they expect. Some of the mid-level managers are really great but they don't get the support they need from upper management to really make a difference in the company and the way the employees are treated. The regular everday employees are great to work with but they are just as unhappy as I was there.

Cons

Pay and unrealistic quota's! Senior management does not communicate well at all! I can remember numerous times where they changed a policy or procedure and we didn't find out about it until months later

Keep the employees under you better informed.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Former Employee - Driver Service Representative  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Driver Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at U.S. Xpress

Pros

There are ample opportunities for professional growth, outstanding working conditions(Chattanooga), and the people in leadership are there for other than political reasons (i.e. they deserve to be there).

Cons

The worst, and I think only, sore spot from working at US Xpress would be the stress level. If you lack coping skills this is not the place for you.

Most of my experiences at US Xpress were positive ones, I would suggest some type of vent session for new hires after they have been employed for a couple of months. I just remember that "lost" feeling when I was turned loose with my own fleet.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Xpress

Worked for U.S. Xpress? Contribute to the Community!