UAMS Medical Center
www.uams.edu Little Rock , AR

Depends on Who You Work For - Careful

Project Analyst (Former Employee)
Little Rock, AR

ProsGreat State Benefits. New Equipment. Decent Cafeteria.

ConsIf you are unlucky enough to work for a crappy boss, there is not much hope for you. During my time there, I worked for a very socially-inept Department Chair at one of the Colleges who was disorganized, unprofessional, and prone to play the "blame game" when he forgot to tell me very important pieces of information that I was supposed to be handling.
He threw me under the bus more times than I could count and had been through 2 project managers before me. Apparently the Dean of the College was oblivious to the fact that maybe it wasn't "everybody else" who had the problem. Sadly, this Department Chair is still there and has been through 3 more PM's since I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has a PHD behind their name doesn't make them a good boss. There should be a review where employees can give feedback and also better attention on how many secretaries and project assistants certain Department Chairs go through.

Satisfactory place to work

Research Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at UAMS Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good benefits, opportunites for advancement, tuition assistance Cons: lack of communication campus wide Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Business Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at UAMS Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good benefits and many opportunities to grow Cons: Seems to grow too fast at times, constant construction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UAMS Medical Center.

Worked for UAMS Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UAMS Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UAMS Medical Center CEO Dan Rahn, M.D. All reviews posted anonymously by UAMS Medical Center employees.