There are newer employer reviews for UAMS Medical Center

UAMS is an exciting place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I worked at UAMS Medical Center

Pros

Diverse employee population. They seem to be open to change and improve in areas where they are falling behind. My bosses were nice and understanding. I was able to build a personal and professional relationship with them.

Cons

There is a lot of competition between the different departments for budgets and people. There are some divas of the system and you can see the favoritism that is given to some areas.

I would like to see UAMS be less stereotypical of a large state run facility and be more cutting edge with some of its HR policies.

67 Other Employee Reviews for UAMS Medical Center (View Most Recent)

It is not bad

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at UAMS Medical Center

Pros

workload is bearable, package is good, slow pace place, environment is good, new hospital and physicians are easy to access

Cons

bot many opportunity for perosonal development, isolated hospital--only teaching hospital in AR, not a trauma center, pay is okay, not that ood

actually, you dont have many opportunity to access to you boss, and I dont have advice for them yet, they are fine

Brief information on UAMS

Former Employee - Management Project Analyst I  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Management Project Analyst I in Little Rock, AR

I worked at UAMS Medical Center

Pros

Benefits package - excellent retirement benefits, discounted lunches, sliding scale fitness center; my particular college had a great group of people working there, rarely required overtime in an administrative capacity, excellent training opportunities (computer skills, job skills, learning about 401K - financial advisers come to campus monthly)

Cons

Difficulty getting in to the organization (insular company and tough to penetrate for outsiders), Parking situation, low pay scale, it is a state organization - the rules and regulations can be protection to ensure similar compensation, but it can also be restrictive for those who like to have a lot of flexibility in job duties

Make it easier to recruit talent (it's far too difficult to obtain a job here - great people could be dissuaded from pursuing an opportunity).

There are newer employer reviews for UAMS Medical Center

Worked for UAMS Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!