UBM

There are newer employer reviews for UBM

Loved working there!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UBM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every manager was responsible training one of their direct reports to move into their position, so it was a great place to learn and be promoted.

Cons

Company was bought so there was mass confusion and layoffs. There was also little direction during the change.

Be more forthcoming with company changes.

65 Other Employee Reviews for UBM (View Most Recent)

Upper management

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at UBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with offices in many cities.

Cons

Upper management tends to make decisions without consulting with employees' and obtaining valuable input. I don't know how the corporate office doesn't notice how bad these decisions are expecially since their products' revenues are declining or worse, eliminated completely. If you can't manage it, then replace management.

Great place to work if the manager was your best friend and that happened often.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at UBM

Pros

I enjoyed most all of the people I worked with-they were all creative, intelligent, and fun. There were a lot of fun activities in our department, though offered mostly by our vendors.

Cons

There was a lot of screwing off by those who were friends with the people in charge. And if the managers didn't like you, there was no protection offered. Managers could say whatever and there was never any follow through to see if those accusations were true.
    They also discontinued a few nice benefits, like a cash retirement fund that the company paid into based on a percentage of your salary- over and above the 401K match, and summer hours.

If there are suddenly a lot of people leaving voluntarily or being shown the door by the same manager in a department, maybe there's a problem.

There are newer employer reviews for UBM