UBM

www.ubm.com
  www.ubm.com
There are newer employer reviews for UBM

very pleasant place to work

I worked at UBM

Pros

had a great team, we all worked great together

Cons

work many hours with no room for advancement

talk to the employees

65 Other Employee Reviews for UBM (View Most Recent)

If you are sharp and a go-getter, you can do well here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at UBM full-time

Pros

You are not micro-managed and must figure things out for yourself. You have the opportunity to learn by being thrown into the fire.

Cons

Incompetent managers. I have caught numerous errors on the work done by the managers. There is absolutely no communication and no training. If you can't catch on, you are doomed.

Think about why there is so much voluntary turn over.

Clueless Upper rmanagement

Former Employee - Publisher in Darien, CT
    Former Employee - Publisher in Darien, CT

I worked at UBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits once you have been there for a few years. UBM recognized the time we had already accumulated with the company when it was acquired by them in 2003. Many of us had 10+ years with the company and were immediately fully vested in the benefits offered.

Cons

The upper management of the division is clueless right up to the CEO. They only takes direction from the home office in London. They didn't make an effort to get to know the people that work under them in the USA or learn about the markets we services. One bad strategic decision after another. Sold off or closed many viable entities to put efforts into projects like SeachMedica - a search engine for healthcare professionals. Ever hear of Google? Is that really who you want to compete with?

Take an active interest in knowing what your employees do and the markets they know. While we are in a global network/economy, figure out how the USA niche can turn a profit here and expand upon it rather then shut it down because "London says so". Then incorporate into the global plans of UBM

There are newer employer reviews for UBM