There are newer employer reviews for UBS

UBS - Retail

Former Employee - Registered Client Service Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Registered Client Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at UBS

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move within the company, whether its a physical move of location with a lateral position change or into an entirely different department.

Cons

The company is so large, predictably there are always a lot of machinations and procedures to follow to get something done. I had a problem with my securities registration and it was like moving a mountain to get someone in corporate to help me resolve it. Eventually they did, but I had to be very aggressive and I felt like corporate should have been more supportive from the very beginning.

Remember to treat the individuals on the front lines (the staff in the retail brokerage branches) with respect and intelligence because they represent the brand name day in and day out in their interactions with the public. While the corporate wigs manage the (very) big picture, we deal with a lot of important issues in the local offices.

1378 Other Employee Reviews for UBS (View Most Recent)

UBS may be suffering right now, but they will overcome and remain the great company that their are.

Former Employee - Senior Event Planner  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Event Planner in Stamford, CT

I worked at UBS

Pros

I felt then and still feel they treat their employees with fairness and respect. I don't know about all areas of UBS, but my experience was that I was compensated well, had superior health benefits and was given the opportunity to have a wonderful work/life balance...something I'd never had in my career.

Cons

I didn't experience many downsides, except that some of the senior management seemed to have been promoted beyond their capabilities.

Make employees, especially senior management, more accountable.

Bullish

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at UBS

Pros

Obviously it depends on what area you are in, but overall I have found the UBS culture is friendly and supportive. I have heard people speculate that this is because the bank still maintains a European style relationship with its employees. I came from another bank in which, after a seemingly endless series mergers, everyone felt like they were walking around with a bulls-eye on the back of their head. People were miserable. I really have to say that given that experience I found the whole atmosphere at UBS like a breath of fresh air.

Cons

It has been a tough year news-wise. Between the 50+ billion write down, the cross-boarder issues and the auction rate security mess, UBS has been on the front pages way too much for my comfort. The Stock has taken a nose dive. One never likes to see one's employer take it on the chin because you would have to be an idiot not worry about job security in this market. That said, it has been tough for all Financial services companies.

In general, I think Senior management has done a good job of communicating during the financial crisis. It is a tough balancing act to try to keep the stock price from Tanking while "doing the right thing".

There are newer employer reviews for UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!