UBS

www.ubs.com

UBS - Retail

Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLots of opportunity to move within the company, whether its a physical move of location with a lateral position change or into an entirely different department.

ConsThe company is so large, predictably there are always a lot of machinations and procedures to follow to get something done. I had a problem with my securities registration and it was like moving a mountain to get someone in corporate to help me resolve it. Eventually they did, but I had to be very aggressive and I felt like corporate should have been more supportive from the very beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to treat the individuals on the front lines (the staff in the retail brokerage branches) with respect and intelligence because they represent the brand name day in and day out in their interactions with the public. While the corporate wigs manage the (very) big picture, we deal with a lot of important issues in the local offices.

Lots of politics, but good learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

I worked at UBS

Pros: Really smart people...lots of training opportunities and international focus/assignments. Cons: Highly political environment-difficult to navigate at times. Advice to Senior Management: Cut down on the number of systems...they really need to… More

Job for life

Associate Director (Current Employee) Weehawken, NJ

I have been working at UBS

Pros: UBS provides good benefits if you want a 9 to 5 job for life with little pressure to perform. Benefits are reasonable - good holidays… Cons: Too many 9 to 5'ers and generally loose tolerances for performance - it's rare to see someone reprimanded for poor performance which impacts your team.… Advice to Senior Management: People need to work harder. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!