UBS
3.3 of 5 1,295 reviews
www.ubs.com Zurich, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

UBS Investment Center

Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

ProsUBS has a strong brand
Can get licensed (Series 7, 66)
Easy work and 8:30-5:30 hours
Most co-workers are enjoyable and young

ConsHorrible work environment, no room to grow and horrible pay. Morale is extremely low.
This is a call center and is the bottom of the barrel at UBS. The Investment Center takes everyone's trash and management is full of Yes-Men who offer no value. As a CSA your work is mundane and boring you gain no transferable skills and if you get promoted to a "Financial Advisor" you become a call center customer service rep.
Management is a joke. They play favorites, do not reward hard work and are unprofessional. Days go by without your work getting approved or processed by the operations manager. If you do not agree with management they will hold a grudge. Management will also make it difficult for you to make any type of internal transfer within UBS. Management will be very spiteful and make sure you do not leave.
No one cares about clients. The Investment Center is around to just collect fees. No discount, nothing waived.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management of UBS should start over. This place doesn't work in its current form. There is potential, but fresh faces need to be brought in to turn it around.

It was awful, truth be told

Director (Current Employee)
    Stamford, CT

I have been working at UBS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It was just an awful place to work, culture, compensation,… Cons: Some colleagues were decent folks but in general everyone was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

UBS then and now

Director (Former Employee)
    Weehawken, NJ

I worked at UBS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -Financial Advisor centric organization -Conveniently located to midtown Manhattan -Beautiful campus on the Hudson, good cafeteria and food court -A… Cons: -Extreme cutbacks have made it impossible to stay current on IT, infrastructure and marketing -Senior management priorities change more frequently than I have ever experienced… Advice to Senior Management: -Hold senior management responsible for failed or cancelled projects, identify what went wrong to prevent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UBS CEO Sergio P. Ermotti. All reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees.