UBS

www.ubs.com
  www.ubs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UBS

Awesome!

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at UBS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of chances to learn, interact, apply knowledge and influence and improve processes. Great dynamic environment where things happen and change all the time.

Cons

Preoccupation with protecting risk to the company, but lacking clear communication to affected parties what needs to be done. Sometimes, a bit too much change for people to follow as well. Career progression can also depend a lot on where in the organization you currently are. Most doors are open for people who are already in the front-line or in sensitive IB areas.

Have the teams implementing the changes interact first hand with the affected parties to understand their operations and communicate effectively what and why it needs to be done. Keep changes to a few major ones, or have them small enough such that anyone affected will know what changed and how to handle it immediately.

1445 Other Employee Reviews for UBS (View Most Recent)

It's been one of the most inspiring houses to have worked as an analyst..

Former Employee - Associate Director in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at UBS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great minds, global team coverage, smart sales people.

Cons

Too London centric, had reputational issues in recent years.

Think different.

Pride and Prejudice

Current Employee - Vice President in Opfikon (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Opfikon (Switzerland)

I have been working at UBS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This bank is still one of the biggest asset managers in the world. For people interested in Banking in the entire variety in products and clients this is still the place to be. There is also a "free lunch", because due to the natural flows and strengths, many things are easier to assail than for most of our competitors.

Cons

After several moral and actual setbacks, this bank (even more than the rest of the industry) bank a firm that mainly deals with risk aversion, compliance frameworks and process adherence. The amount of administrative overhead added the last couple of years seriously inhibits the agility, and many many things cannot be done any longer or take forever to accomplish.

Not in a position to provide advice, this is not an easy job. However, we should at some point make sure, that the cost base is more adequate for a constantly shrinking business, or we need some very sophisticated ideas to increase our market share.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS