UBS

www.ubs.com

Diverse work environment with a global presence

Associate Director (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsUBS has a very strong name brand and a global presence. As one of the world's largest wealth managers, it offers great employee benefits and 401k matching contributions. While certain groups may not meet the same level of diversity the firm boasts as a whole, UBS is recognized as a market leader in every financial hub around the world.

ConsUBS tends to have a very conservative work environment. Management is very concerned with maintaining the brand image and reputation. Domiciled in Switzerland, UBS tends to adhere to much higher risk standards than most of its competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry less about image, branding and risk mitigation and focus more on the businesses the company is in. Either compete at the level of the competition, or allocate resources elsewhere.

Director

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at UBS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: UBS has a global presence and in general there is a good level of… Cons: The culture and values of the firm are key challenges.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Generally good culture depending on group you're in

Wealth Management (Current Employee) Weehawken, NJ

I have been working at UBS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - client-oriented - autonomy with career path - client-facing opportunities - supportive of… Cons: - underpaid - pay freezes and small raises Advice to Senior Management: Promote talent internally. Pay good talent competitively, and you will not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!