Good place to work mostly

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UBS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and work/life balance. It used to take the company way to long to get rid of under achievers. This was greatly improved.

Cons

Poor bonus over the last few years. The bank really needs to improve its promotion process. Very hard to move up in rank even when you receive an excellent review.

Reward high achievers with better bonuses.

Other Reviews for UBS

Corporate has lost focus on what really brings success to Wealth Management - US based employees.

I have been working at UBS

Pros

There are many opportunites to 'shine' at UBS Wealth Management given the massive staff reductions and preponderance of issues at hand.

Cons

The perception is that Corporate in Zurich takes care of it's staff and projects based in Europe. The employees in these regions generally enjoy better compensation, benefits, support and work/life balances. Conversely, the firm is so strongly focused on outsourcing American IT jobs (mostly to India) that it has driven a profitable business into vitual chaos and risks driving it into the red. Consultants in India do not have the expertise or impetus to deliver the necessary support to our firm. Failure is now abundant and the root cause is clearly the result of a poorly executed outsourcing strategy.

Layoffs were required a few years ago to rid the firm of outdated staff. It's time to stop this now nonsensical action and allow for the remaining individuals, who are highly qualified SMEs, to rebuild our organization. UBS needs to provide proper incentives to keep these folks here. Additionally, it needs to allow for a slow, but calculated, build up of US based employees so we can regain stability, improve our solutions and help contribute to an American economy which is the largest financial pillar of the world.

Good so far..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at UBS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance
    Lots to learn and ample career growth opportunities.
    Work culture is also very good.

Cons

Many management changes in the past few years.
    Talent retention hasn't been good.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!