There are newer employer reviews for UBS

Great firm with helpful and caring employees.

Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Orlando, FL
Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at UBS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with provided me the skills necessary to succeed as an intern in this firm. Further, I was quickly accepted as part of the company and not simply an intern. The firm often promotes and hires from within. This includes hiring interns for full-time positions.

Cons

The firm could improve on the training and responsibilities it provides its interns. I found that I was not being challenged to my full potential by the job responsibilities. Further, I often sought out new assignments from other groups to feel utilized.

Advice to Management

i would work on developing a list of job tasks and responsibilities interns can complete if the group does not have specific work for them. Additionally, I would produce and distribute this list on a branch specific basis.

Other Employee Reviews for UBS

1. Good company to work for, despite the challenges posed in the media

Former Employee - Associate Director in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Stamford, CT

I worked at UBS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the people I worked with there were engaging and easy to work with. Management had a good sense of the employees concerns and communicated as best as could be expected, especially given the size of the company. They are extremely active and visible in the community and gives you a positive feeling about working there

Cons

There was the occassional self promotion/back stabbing that could occur at a large firm. Some members of management were not open to being challenged, even when the issue was a legitamite concern. However, this is not unusual and would not let this be a reason to not work there.

Advice to Management

Some of the response to issues was overkill and too costly.

2. experience

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at UBS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting learning experience for research analyst

Cons

layoffs of current employees while hiring new employees at the same time

Advice to Management

The best way to encourage company loyalty is to retain the good employees you already have and trained rather than lay them off and hire new graduates.