Great firm with helpful and caring employees.

Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at UBS as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The team I worked with provided me the skills necessary to succeed as an intern in this firm. Further, I was quickly accepted as part of the company and not simply an intern. The firm often promotes and hires from within. This includes hiring interns for full-time positions.

Cons

The firm could improve on the training and responsibilities it provides its interns. I found that I was not being challenged to my full potential by the job responsibilities. Further, I often sought out new assignments from other groups to feel utilized.

i would work on developing a list of job tasks and responsibilities interns can complete if the group does not have specific work for them. Additionally, I would produce and distribute this list on a branch specific basis.

Other Reviews for UBS

experience

Former Employee - Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at UBS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting learning experience for research analyst

Cons

layoffs of current employees while hiring new employees at the same time

The best way to encourage company loyalty is to retain the good employees you already have and trained rather than lay them off and hire new graduates.

Associate Director - ITI

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at UBS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible time, ability to work from home, alots of meeting with ppl around the globe, nice to work with people from different background - learning various cultures

Cons

1)investment banks run the company, bad decisions by one or more greedy bankers can kill depts and/or jobs.
    2)advancement comes to mostly Europeans - US employees are looked down upon
    3)Too many meeting often times work needs to be done away from the office or after hours because most of your day was spend in meetings.

very likely if you work close to someone that is climbing the ladder & willing to bring you along.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!