UBS
3.3 of 5 1,228 reviews
www.ubs.com Zurich, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Financial and legal issues have taken their toll

Director (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at UBS

ProsSeverance package for long time employees. Probably the only reason to stay right now.

ConsCurrently leadership is replacing most IT management with IB staffers. If you are not one of the insiders from the IB, there is a good chance you will be either fighting for your job, be outsources or laid off. Overall I believe the strategy will work out, but it is going to take a while, poor bonus' and lots of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinally pick a strategy and implement it quickly. People are your most valuable resource. If you continue to treat them as you are, when the market turns around most of the best people will be gone.

Comfortable place for the unambitious

Director Logistics (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at UBS

Pros: Very good work/life balance, esp for working parents Cons: Continued poor communication from senior management, although this has improved in the past… Advice to Senior Management: Need to find a way to stem the hemorraging of high performers in all areas of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Asset Management Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at UBS

Pros: big bank, great place to network, people are always willing to answer your questions.… Cons: growth within the industry is limited, can be stressful at times in order to meet… Advice to Senior Management: A training seminar in the beginning for the interns, overall it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UBS CEO Sergio P. Ermotti. All reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees.