Ok place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at UBS

Pros

Family friendly culture exists in the company. Senior management trying to communicate much better recently. Promotes internal mobility much more nowadays.

Cons

Could be more of a meritocracy. Ever changing structure but I guess that this is the same as most banks in the current environment.

Keep on trying to communicate the vision and also how we are going to get there. Fewer restructures would be appreciated by everyone.

Other Reviews for UBS

Busy Work

I worked at UBS

Pros

Great opportunity to interact with important clients and get insights into the private wealth management industry. The entire staff was very welcoming and eager to help.

Cons

The internship program gives quite a lot of busy work and did not seem to respect my knowledge of the industry or my education in finance.

You should make better use of the incoming talent you have at your organization. Your intern class could be a valuable future asset for the company.

editor in chief of client magazine

Former Employee - Contracted Worker for Client Magazine  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Contracted Worker for Client Magazine in Zürich (Switzerland)

I worked at UBS

Pros

- pay for 50 percent contract work was o.k.
    - learned a great deal about business banking issues

Cons

- difficult to get to information in the organisation as a contract worker
    - difficult to get hold of the right people

in the latest round of job cuts second half of 2009, i think in the marketing department in switzerland only the most competent people were laid off, where as the top hierarchy got to keep their jobs. in my opinion, marketing is now stuck with people who don't now how to do the job.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!