UBS

A satisfying experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at UBS

Pros

The work life balance was very good. I definitely contributed during my short time there and I got to interact with many of the brokers and advisors at the branch.

Cons

There was not too much structure to the work that I was doing. The pay is also not comparable to other jobs in the financial industry but the experience I felt was worth the salary sacrifice.

I would definitely say there were alot of internal changes occuring during the time I was working there and I think sometimes senior management was a little too far removed from the individual branches.

1486 Other Employee Reviews for UBS (View Most Recent)

Do not get sold by the sexy side. Money takes along time to gather.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at UBS

Pros

UBS has good benefits and training. Healthcare benefits are offered on the first day of employment. The networking is also a major benefit; if you enjoy attending numerous functions.

Cons

A balance between work and life do not exist. Management will sell you on the idea that schedules are flexible, but performance goals are unrealistic. Watch the Enron trading documentary and you will see how UBS operates. The biggest downside is the amount of cold calling that is emphasized. If you do not like cold calling stay away from this type of work. Most managers climbed the ladder during the 90's when cold calling was effective and people wanted to hear about the latest Wall Street concoction. Today, nobody wants to take a brokers call especially for risky products that get you paid.

Set realistic goals and provide more support with lead generation. Also, get out of the 90's, assets are not sold by simply cold calling anymore.

fair pay for 9 to 5 work

Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UBS

Pros

good work/life balance, IT positions are pretty much 9 - 5 in the Chicago office. good time off/vacation policy. technology seems to be fairly up to date.

Cons

lack of growth opportunity and slow salary increase (I've heard that some employees do not receive a raise for 3 straight years!). the work is pretty mudane in the Chicago office. for better career advancement and more challenging work, have to relocate to Stamford office.

need to streamline business units, there are multiple IT teams doing similar types of work. need to close mid and back office IT development work in the Chicago office. IT groups seems to be low pay and slow producers compared to what I'm used to.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS