UC Davis
www.ucdavis.edu Davis, CA 5000+ Employees

miserable

Not A Good Place to Work (Current Employee)

I have been working at UC Davis

ProsGood benefits as pertaining to vacation, sick leave-pension has been good but they are making changes to reduce that.

ConsUnqualified managers and supervisors in many departments. Childish game playing on many levels. The level of favoritism and nepotism is appalling. Very unprofessional environment. Also the University is in mass layoff mode, but the bulk of those being targeted for layoffs are those not in a special clique with these unqualified manager/supervisors. Lots of dirty tricks going on to make safe jobs of "pets", including promoting them to a higher grade to protect lower grade sections being laid off-even though they do no more work or are not even qualified. They are giving them raises and promotions while laying off other competent individuals who aren't in the " in crowd", kind of sickening to watch.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorruption is not attractive and in the end it comes back to bite you-sooner or later. Cultivate a mature, qualified management/supervisory staff who think logically and with their brain not their emotions and school girl agenda.

I met lots of lovely people in the community and worked with fellow college students in an energetic atmosphere.

Campus Recreation Youth Programs, Camp Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at UC Davis

Pros: This review is specific to Campus Recreation's Youth Programs. The camps run for ten weeks of the summer, so are ideal for students. It's good… Cons: My student manager was a first-timer and still figuring out the job, so our year-end reviews were basically the only feedback… Advice to Senior Management: I'd have liked to see more feedback, like a mid-year evaluation instead of just the year-end meeting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent experience, especially for working students

Necropsy Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at UC Davis

Pros: Flexible schedual, decent pay, amazing co-workers and management that are always will to teach you. Overall a… Cons: You probably wont ever get rich working in the field. It has does have a general cap and at times… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to hire on undergrads. It gives them the opportunity they need in this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UC Davis.

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Davis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UC Davis CEO Linda Katehi. All reviews posted anonymously by UC Davis employees.