There are newer employer reviews for UC Merced

Decent place to work, if you can stand the seasons

Former Employee - Student Assistant
Former Employee - Student Assistant

I worked at UC Merced part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brand new facilities, mostly friendly people to work with. room to grow. easily network with professors and assistant professors to ensure a job after graduation

Cons

bureaucracy, city has a big crime element, the seasons are pretty extreme with very hot summers, parking is too expensive and ticketers are relentless.

49 Other Employee Reviews for UC Merced (View Most Recent)

Excellent learning environment with a tight knit community.

I worked at UC Merced

Pros

Good place for students to find jobs with the low amount of competition. They work with your class schedule. Always have opportunities for work.

Cons

Located in the middle of no where. Small community, very difficult to find things to do. Social life will be difficult to develop here.

UC School

I have been working at UC Merced

Pros

Working for UC Merced allows me to earn my PhD, which will provide a secure future for myself and family.

Cons

Working as a Teaching Assistant, while being a graduate students, prevents me from having a good family life, and only allows for an academic social life.

Don't waste hundreds of dollars on biodegradable chairs that fall apart in a few years. Put that money into funding for graduate students, and buy some chares at a quarter the cost that will last thirsty plus years.

There are newer employer reviews for UC Merced

Worked for UC Merced? Contribute to the Community!