UC Riverside
www.ucr.edu Riverside, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Career Center Rocks

Career Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at UC Riverside

ProsSince implementing specialty groups in the office - employer relations, counseling and special events - the cohesion and productivity of our team is awesome. Management also promotes professional growth for each employee to encourage expertise compatible with our interests. The Career Center is recognized and revered on campus, which management makes a point to share and celebrate with us, contributing to a sense of pride in our office. Appreciate the amount of creativeness in the team members in our office. Love the feedback from students when they are successful in their career goals as a result of my and the colleagues' efforts.

ConsEvening programming can erode work/life balance, but assignments are pretty equitably distributed among the team. Frustrated with the process of getting vacation and offtime approved. Don't prefer the public speaking aspect, about a third of my job, but have utilized technology and company professionals to assist.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to capitalize on the strengths of your employees and facilitate their growth and expertise in those areas to benefit the university. New Chancellor Timothy P. White is doing a great job.

Great Job as long as there is money in the budget for you.

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UC Riverside

Pros: During good economic times graduate students are very well supported financially with teaching… Cons: There is very little policing of other teaching assistants. Some of them can do a very poor job which results in a negative view… Advice to Senior Management: Provide better advance warning to teaching assistants when their position is about to be eliminated. Faculty or management should… More

UCR lab consultant is chillest job on campus

Lab Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at UC Riverside

Pros: It's a really easy job. If your very knowledgeable about computers… Cons: Disgruntled students call help desk. Advice to Senior Management: Fix all of the buggy services. More

There are newer reviews on UC Riverside.

Worked for UC Riverside? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Riverside reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UC Riverside CEO Kim A. Wilcox. All reviews posted anonymously by UC Riverside employees.